Found again: BBC's The Detectorists

Originally published at: Found again: BBC's The Detectorists | Boing Boing

1 Like

With Detectorists, Ghosts and Inside No. 9 the BBC is really putting out some great comedy these days. Of course there’s still the usual rubbish like Mrs. Brown’s Boys, but if you scrape the surface there’s something special underneath

3 Likes

The UK holiday special is a wonderful thing for fan service when they revive old series.

I was so happy to have one more episode of the Detectorists to watch.

3 Likes

That’s great news! Just a hilarious show, in spite of its casual pace and low stakes.

2 Likes

Is it love? Please tell me they found love!

2 Likes

It turns out that the real treasure was the friends they made along the way.

(Low hanging fruit, I’ve not seen the show)

3 Likes

Oh man, No. 9 and The Detectorists are two of my favs. Although, I’m a bit reluctant to see them produce more Detectorists episodes. I thought it ended nicely the first time around and didn’t overstay its welcome like soo many other shows do.

3 Likes

I have a cheapy Garrett 500 that I sorta borrowed from an old friend and never returned (sorry Kris). I haven’t had a ton of use with it, but it is fun to look for stuff!

2 Likes

I think it was a one-off.

There was an Inside No. 9 Christmas special this year too.

Oh, and Motherland too, while we’re talking about great BBC comedies.

1 Like

Hooray, it’s in Apple TV now, so will get comfy tonight and watch.

It’s not that this show is slow-paced, it’s that my brain needed to spin down to a more realistic RPM to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Did they ever stop?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.