Lost Simpsons' joke recovered by pro editor

Originally published at: Lost Simpsons' joke recovered by pro editor | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I am mildly interested in the joke but am loath to click on a Twitter link

10 Likes

Episode 7 GIF by The Simpsons

12 Likes

If this is the episode where Homer says: “turn that music down, I can’t hear myself think!” then when the music stops, the camera pans up to his forehead and his voice says “I want some peanuts” then good luck to this new joke competing with the best joke ever broadcast on television

8 Likes

Well, the hidden joke is not bad, but the joke of Homer not hearing her and then saying “I hear ya” is still funnier, so they made the right choice.

13 Likes

can someone tell me the hidden joke? i too am loathe to click the twitter link but even more loathe to play the video on twitter.

8 Likes

@Karl_Benedek
@firebhlade

Homer: Oh Marge I went to thousands of heavy metal concerts and it never hurt me.

Marge: Well alright… but make sure they don’t pick up any of the band’s attitude toward women… liquor… religion… politics… really anything.

Homer: I hear yah.

edit: I agree that the tinnitus joke is funnier.

18 Likes

You can be one of the dedicated few to watch it on my YouTube Lost Simpsons Spinal Tap Joke - YouTube

15 Likes

The punch line is, “Steamed Hams.” :+1:

7 Likes

Wow! I’m a longtime Boing Boing reader so I was VERY surprised to see myself in pop up in my feed reader.

23 Likes

I wish I had seen it was there!!

4 Likes

I noticed long ago on broadcasts of The Simpsons jokes in the closed captioning were often different from what was on audio. I assumed the closed captioners were working from a earlier script.

3 Likes

… it reminds me of one of the religion-oriented episodes of South Park where Kyle’s entire “what I learned this week” speech was bleeped out

It turned out to be actual censorship by Comedy Central, rather than a joke about potential censorship, but it was still funny

https://southpark.cc.com/news/cooqld/a-statement-from-matt-and-trey

2 Likes

As someone who has sudden onset tinnitus related to spinal surgery, let me jest listen to it. I hear “riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing”

5 Likes

Twenty dollars? But I wanted a peanut.

2 Likes

Joining Welcome Home GIF

one of us GIF

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.