Lovely photo of terminal patient's final visit to the art museum

[Permalink]

1 Like

That actually brought tears to my eyes. So glad it isn’t only children who get to Make a Wish (at least, in the Netherlands). What an excellent use of resources.

6 Likes

Me too!

Just when I’m thinking about how people can be giant jerks, this comes along and gives me a little hope.

5 Likes

I’ve been there twice and each time seeing Rembrandt’s Jewish Bride brought tears to my eyes. Well I had one of those dutch cigarettes earlier so there’s that.

2 Likes

[quote=“monkeyoh, post:3, topic:53044”]
Just when I’m thinking about how people can be giant jerks, this comes along and gives me a little hope.[/quote]

I think when we aren’t spending too much time online and watching television, we witness many random acts of kindness every day. It’s so common in everyday life that we often just don’t notice it. I think that’s why when people do nasty, mean things it tends to stand out like a sore thumb and gathers vastly more attention.

I mean, just look at how sparse this thread is compared to the other threads where people are doing shitty things to each other. That said, I’m very happy we live in a world where acts of kindness quietly go about being the norm in society while loud, despicable acts of douchebaggery are vastly more rare.

I also don’t think it would kill us to focus a little more of our attention within our daily lives noticing the kindness all around us instead of constantly eyeballing all the dickheads and sociopaths that infest our Earth.

6 Likes

This ^^^ + golden rule + “more that unites us than divides us” = pax terra

2 Likes

The hospice workers who helped my dad in his last weeks would roll out of bed at 3 AM and come running whenever he needed them.

People who help through that transition are the salt of the Earth. I don’t know where they find the strength.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.