Loving Vincent

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/20/loving-vincent.html

3 Likes

i’m one of the kickstarter backers of this movie. i can’t wait to see the finished product… it’s taken a long time, but they have been really pretty good about updates and behind-the-scenes info. it looks so good so far.

4 Likes

As they say, “one does not posses genius, one is possessed by genius.”

(“Moon” is a great movie, evidence that the best sci-fi isn’t about laser gun battles and weird looking aliens, but instead uses a pallet of scientific possibility to explore deeper ideas.)

9 Likes

I’m excited to see this movie, despite my reluctance to embrace Van Gogh and my convinced skepticism that he committed suicide.

2 Likes

It’s about time that we get a movie! I was a big fan of the series.

13 Likes

There’s a great Doctor Who episode (revamp) titled “Vincent & the Doctor” which always makes me tear up at the end.

10 Likes

#Loving Vincent

16 Likes

That episode is soul crushing. The first time i saw it i was utterly destroyed and sobbed, thinking about it is still a sad thing to reflect on.

Also Loving Vincent has somehow escaped my radar until now, definitely keeping an eye out for this. Looks really great

5 Likes

No love for Vincent Vega?

11 Likes

6 Likes

I LOVE Ron Perlman. I remember that show as a kid.

Yes. In college I looked like him until I grew facial hair.

Also Don McLean was loving Van Gogh before it was cool.

“…perhaps they’ll listen now.”

4 Likes

What about Vincent Valentine?

1 Like

My shooting buddy is named Vince, actually.

1 Like

What about Vernor Vinge?

2 Likes

Yeah, this:

I don’t watch Dr. Who but this was neat.

Dark thought: maybe after that scene they took him back to his time where he realized he recognized every painting on display and killed himself in despair…

Sorry.

5 Likes

How is that determined? Is there some Van Gogh popularity index that’s computed annually?

Did you not get the memo? Here it is:

(actually the number of visitors, in millions, to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam).

[I’ve never been particularly interested in Van Gogh, but was blown away when I visited the museum, epecially by ‘[The Potato Eaters](The Potato Eaters - Wikipedia)’]

1 Like

Love all the Vincents…