Luxury Star Wars wristwatch is $28,500

Waiting for the iFixit teardown where they pop the front off and underneath is a beat up old analog watch with anakin’s face on it…

3 Likes

I remember when they came out a few years back, they were $20k. I only learned about the Devon watch because it was featured in WIRED next to my Nixie watch, which costs mere pocket change at $500.

Nixon has Star Wars watches coming up as well and I suspect they’ll be a weeeee bit cheaper than this one…

1 Like

I give up. What time is it in the photo shown?

3 Likes

12:23:40.

$28,500? We could almost buy our own ship for that!

3 Likes

If I had to guess, I would have said 12:40 (12 2/3 hrs). I think I may sit this one out until they roll out v2.0.

That’s not the watch I’m looking for.

1 Like

I’ll totally give you $28.50 for that.

Did you keep the box?

That’s expensive for a render.

I did, for a long time. Lost it before high school, though, and didn’t see the watch at all between 1986 and 2013. My mom had kept it for me along with all my Marvel Star Wars comics that I’d thought I’d read to tatters. That is, I had read them to tatters, but she’d sensibly saved two additional sets for me (issues 1 through 18) in unread condition until the day she died.

I had a better mom than most of my buddies.

1 Like

Oxford Dictionaries:

1.1 [COUNT NOUN] An inessential, desirable item which is expensive or difficult to obtain:
luxuries like chocolate, scent, and fizzy wine

Seems pretty spot on to me, I suppose you could argue the watch isn’t desirable but that is clearly subjective.

Not only is it crazy-expensive but it’s ungodly huge! You have to be a middle linebacker for the proportions of that watch to make sense.

Maybe that’s their intended market.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.