Star Wars Red Squadron DOT approved motorcycle helmet

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/06/star-wars-red-squadron-dot-app.html

2 Likes

NOW THIS is POD RACING

10 Likes

This is almost enough to make me want to get a bike. And that’s saying something.

6 Likes

I really hate 3/4 helmets and I really do not need another helmet around here (or I have to get rid of some older ones that shouldn’t be worn any more) – but this is tempting me GREATLY.

4 Likes

Perhaps they’ll issue a Darth Vader helmet. Full face on that baby.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Paging @Mister44!

Almost enough to make me consider putting the safety of my head in HJC’s hands, but not quite.

Ping me when Arai starts making them.

4 Likes

IKR…

Too bad I don’t ride and NEED it, and $600 is a lot for something that isn’t a full costume kit…

Still - want to know my address? I’ll let anyone send it to me :wink:

2 Likes

$179 for the rebel helmet??

1 Like

$200 bucks? I’d go home grown on an old helmet laying around.

3 Likes

Only for the hardcore:

18 Likes

New BMW self driving.

4 Likes

:grimacing:

In the interest of not wanting to get banned, it’s probably best for everyone if we just pretend this never happened.

1 Like

Amazon could well have targeted you at $600 and me at $200 based on some targeting algorithm. It is coming. Sometimes runs on a product will alter the price on Amazon too, not that I think a post on BB suddenly equipped the Lucas Valley Hell’s Angels as Red Squadron.

1 Like

The Boba Felt one was up close to $600 for me as well.

I’m not into Star Wars cosplay type stuff and my ¥30,000 Kabuto full helmet is doing fine as is.

Wait, I went to the link on the post - and it came up just shy at $600. It showed up less for you? Screen cap?

Just doing a search, a Fox brand youth helmet for $200, but not that brand and size.

I am still wearing my Bell Bullit. It is around 4 years old and I was just discussing with a friend that I’d likely replace it with another Bullit. Not the quietest helmet but I very much like open it feels, even when closed. I have more modern styled helmets and it can be nice to have transistions lenses and quiet music playing that i can hear – but I just like the Bullit.

Safety wise, they are pretty much same-same as far as I know. Cheap helmets are as effective at protecting your noggin as an expensive one. The “If you have a $100 head, wear a hundred dollar helmet” this seems not really true and that the expensive-ness of helmets comes from fancy tech and comfort – but it doesn’t help the helmet take more of a hit for you?

1 Like

The Bobafett lid is a bit under $600 which is the one @Mister44 would want and that is actually bit pricey for an HJC lid.

Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?!!

2 Likes

Umm your 2nd link…
https://www.amazon.com/HJC-Bobafett-Street-Motorcycle-Helmet/dp/B06XN5QP29/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XN5QP29&pd_rd_r=FPJV4HAYVCCBF5DKB1DM&pd_rd_w=RADVS&pd_rd_wg=4TtPp&psc=1&refRID=FPJV4HAYVCCBF5DKB1DM&linkCode=sl1&tag=happyexposure-20&linkId=0bf57619275f50b260f03b4bc28391f9

3 Likes