MAGA folks fail basic test, revealing they don't even know what "America" is (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/19/maga-folks-fail-basic-test-revealing-they-dont-even-know-what-america-is-video.html

5 Likes

This is probably one of those cases where they didn’t have to cherry pick the clips very hard, since many MAGA types don’t seem to understand the very basics of civics.

16 Likes

Members of a cult that values ignorance are dumb as shit. News at 11!

6 Likes

Look at the grinning pride all of them have in their ignorance. This is the attitude of at least a quarter of the electorate.

6 Likes

I wanted to see if they thought the last two words of the Star Spangled Banner were, “play ball!”

11 Likes

“Gentlemen, start your engines!”

7 Likes

I appreciate that I’m pretty out of touch with the modern world, but do kids no longer have to memorize the preamble to the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence anymore?
Or maybe no one else did either and I just had weird teachers in high school back in the 80’s?

2 Likes

This is the case pretty much everywhere where some people have to test in, and others were already there.

Same with like Catholics, going through RCIA classes, I know more about Catholicism than most life long Catholics.

I am pretty well versed on government and history, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I scored lower in the immigration test than some takers.

It was either a decent elementary civics class or repeat viewings of Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday mornings. Both those things are long gone.

6 Likes

Maybe they will also fail at finding their way to the voting booth.

3 Likes

Unless it is on the standardized politician-approved end-of-semester federally mandated, state designed Standard Of Learning test (or equivalent,) they don’t teach it anymore in most locations. Guess what isn’t on that test in most locations.

1 Like

I know the entire preamble of the constitution by heart.

Except I would have to sing it to you. (Thanks Schoolhouse Rock!)

4 Likes

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

2 Likes

It’s a Simon and Garfunkel song. Surely everyone knows that?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.