MAGA math! Truth Social price-to-sales ratio is 2500. Most tech stocks are about 5.5

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/04/maga-math-truth-social-price-to-sales-ratio-is-2500-most-tech-stocks-are-about-5-5.html

6 Likes

Nah, my math is incredible, people are saying it’s really the best math. Just add three to the whatsit and divide by half or whatever and give the rest to me, then it’s all good!

Confused Donald Trump GIF

24 Likes

What could go wrong?

8 Likes

Math and logic is just something that maga doesn’t want to bother with.

10 Likes

Just to compare to another recent tech IPO that isn’t doing all that great…Reddit’s price to sales ratio is 9.48. Which I guess isn’t very good at all. But 2500 is some next level shit.

17 Likes

Same grift. Different form.
“A fool and his money are soon parted.”
seth meyers sucker GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes

A CONfident MAN indeed.

9 Likes

Those things require book learnin’, which has the side effect of creating an appetite for infant adrenochrome.

9 Likes

There are few fools greater than a MAGAt fool.

4 Likes

Eat your heart out, Tesla!

12 Likes

TFG could get rich on this before reality sets in and the stock price craters.

3 Likes

They aren’t investing in the company. They’re handing over money in the hope that the future president will owe them a favour as a result.
That doesn’t mean they aren’t idiots. Even if it turns out that enough bigots in the US would rather vote for a facist rapist crook than an equally old man with a woman of colour as vice president that he does avoid jail and become president, he doesn’t pay his debts.

7 Likes

Pump & dump? Smells like it.

4 Likes

If he does manage to extract a couple billion from this, I wonder if Trump, being his usual lack of restrained self, could have the end result of E. Jean Carroll being a multi-billionaire.

10 Likes

:fuelpump: & :poop:

4 Likes

The WeBull comments in $DJT are shit-encrusted gold. I swear I found a comment written buy the orange guy himself.

As a side note the private subreddits that serve as WeBulls chat platform are a nefarious development.

Edit :pic lols

4 Likes

Trump Media is “a scam,” and people buying its high-flying stock are “dopes,” IAC Chairman Barry Diller said

Truth

5 Likes

He’ll first have to sue Pravda Social to break the deal he made with them regarding not selling his shares for 6 months or steal shares from others. Unsurprisingly, he’s already started that process. However, he’s not the only scumbag in the world capable of dragging things out and trying to run out the clock. As to using the stock as collateral for a loan, any grifter who’d consider loaning money to a notorious deadbeat would apply a steep discount in advance.

His only hope of cashing out at anything close to the current value of this garbage stonk is to get into the White House again and become a dictator.

4 Likes

Yah, people are going to lose their shirts on this.

My question - is this fraud? Or no, because idiots inflating a stock price way past its true worth is shady, but not illegal?

5 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

maybe people losing their money will get them to stop supporting Trump and fascism.

5 Likes