Truth Social stock is a "scam" for "dopes," says Barry Diller

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/05/truth-social-stock-is-a-scam-for-dopes-says-barry-diller.html

7 Likes

Self Re-Boing.

I will say, contrary to the anchor, that this was a political question. When it comes to MAGA, one simply can’t separate the financial swindles from the political ones.

11 Likes

Scam for dopes

Who does this site think it is? Crypto?

13 Likes

It’s also an “instrument” for “money laundering” and “influence peddling”

14 Likes

basketball wives if i had some pearls on id be clutching them GIF by VH1

7 Likes

Saudi’s could “invest” a ton of money buying the stock and/or overpriced advertising (LIV Golf or whatever), that would then line the pockets of citizen Trump. Because giving money directly to a US president is frowned-upon in some circles.

The cons just keep on coming.

8 Likes

13 Likes

I don’t know… based on everything I learned about finance at Trump University, this stock is a sure thing!

11 Likes

You’ll be dining on Trump steaks every night in no time!

4 Likes

That’s an unfair comparison. Both of those businesses were profitable at certain points in history and, while there were shenanigans among stock traders, neither were ever close to being overvalued at anywhere near the same scale as Truth Social.

11 Likes

This is a political investment. Any intelligent investor putting money into Truth Social is expecting a payoff when TFG gets into office and will reward his friends. Certainly not legal, but that’s not really relevant anymore.

4 Likes

I thought the USA had a law preventing foreign citizens from owning more than a certain percentage of media companies. That’s why Rupert Murdoch had to quit being Australian and get nationalised.

3 Likes

Want Cheeto Mussolini beholden to you? Prop up his shitty stock for six months so he can cash out when he is allowed to do so. It’s a way to put money in his pocket without just handing him cash. Anyone want to buy a Bible?

2 Likes

It’s a type of Money Laundering?

4 Likes

Maybe… it’s certainly a pump and dump, though…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.