MAGA Mike offers the red-hatted cult a completely ridiculous ray of hope

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/31/maga-mike-offers-the-red-hatted-cult-a-completely-ridiculous-ray-of-hope.html

12 Likes

If we accept that this is a Biden action (which we don’t) then isn’t this rival suppression completely justified and legal under the blanket immunity concept they so salivatingly promote? Let’s watch them systematically undercut their desires.

17 Likes

Likewise, if we accept their worldview that all politicians are corrupt and everyone is selfish, then they should really stop fighting it because Biden and the Democrats are friggin geniuses for being able to not just hide their crimes thousands of times better than T**** and the Republicans but also made the Deep State so powerful yet hidden.

I mean, if it was a close call then I could see contesting the results but in that alternate reality the Dems are so incredibly smart and powerful, the GOP has no chance of prevailing.

16 Likes

Trump can, and I’m sure will, appeal, but he certainly can’t appeal this verdict directly to the US Supreme Court. These are state crimes. Yes, there is a federal law involved as well, but he was charged by the state of New York and convicted there. First he has to appeal to New York’s appellate division. From there, assuming they don’t overturn this (and there’s not a chance in hell they will), he appeals to the New York Court of Appeals (their highest court). If they don’t overturn, and I think it’s really unlikely they would, then he can appeal to the US Supreme Court, but I’m not sure they even can take the case. There has to be some federal or Constitutional issue at play, and I don’t see one. I think they’d deny cert. I think they’d have to.

26 Likes

I feel like someone needs to ask the Justices if they’ve ever spoken with Johnson, and if they told him they’re going to overturn Trump’s conviction.

Sure, Alito and Thomas would love to overturn it – but I’m not sure even they are dumb enough to want people to believe they’re Trump cultists.

7 Likes

Either Johnson is totally spewing BS to his base, or he’s implying Trump’s team has some play to get the appeal shunted into the Federal judicial system pipeline so it can be appealed to the US Supreme Court, right? Short of claiming the law he violated was itself unconstitutional, what other ways would he have of involving the Federal courts? I would think he can’t really aim for a presidential immunity claim given that he wasn’t yet president at the time he committed the crime.

8 Likes

How much do we need to “gift between friends” to Clarence Thomas to get them to deny certiorari?

11 Likes

14 Likes

Balling Saturday Night Live GIF by The Lonely Island

7 Likes

Hey, mike! This is you:
yap yap yap

7 Likes

but but States rights?

13 Likes

If they follow the law, that is. I guess we may find out just how corrupt SCOTUS is.

8 Likes

First Amendment? The issue was in-kind donations to a political campaign which exceeded the legal limit. Barriers to corruption = FREEZE PEACH!!!

4 Likes

Um…,As if that low bar hasn’t already been crossed under?

6 Likes

Are the Republicans in a lather for the prosecution of political leaders also getting in a tizzy over Senator Menendez’s plight? Will they camp outside his trial for a chance to offer support?

4 Likes

I’d like to think this, but given how corrupt and deferential this court has been to Trump (especially since he’s responsible for getting 1/3 of them appointed) nothing would surprise me here.

Republicans only like States’ rights when they are used to deny freedoms or make it easier to get guns.

6 Likes

Maybe all this will allow MAGA Mike to get a very clear view of NYS Governor Hochul’s middle fingers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.