Magical thinking: revenue isn't down because X didn't exist last year

Originally published at: Magical thinking: revenue isn't down because X didn't exist last year

4 Likes

Somehow I think that the Bonesaws Clan and the cold-blooded bankers who lent Musk the money to pay for the over-priced acquisition aren’t as susceptible to such thinking as the collection of yes-men and sycophants in Xitter’s executive suite.

14 Likes

“See, technically the company you lent me money to buy is completely gone!” doesn’t sound like the best pitch.

16 Likes

Think About It GIF by Identity

Modern Problems Funny Gif GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

That’s fair, it’s not like X inherited Twitter’s advertisers and users. Or continues to use the same platform and web address.

11 Likes

Meanwhile, in less magical news for Musk…

11 Likes

The amazing thing about susceptible toadies, is that if angry investors and banks could ever sue Musk for negligence in business practices, said toadies – being, by definition, spineless and easily swayed – would be witnesses for the prosecution with the tiniest push. Thank goodness toady witnesses have no spines.

7 Likes

“We’ve sold more New Coke in the second quarter of 1985 than ever before!”
—Some cola executive, probably

11 Likes

Would a rose by any other name still not make any money?

5 Likes

A wee-bit tin-foil-hattish, but it’s also possible that those who lent money to purchase twitter, and others who are permitted to spread their bots/message, may account their returns (and continued support) in other than “revenue”

7 Likes

I’m sure the Saudis are making full use of their loan to stifle dissent against their regime on the platform.

7 Likes

If MuskX gives them all the metadata, they can stifle dissenters.

7 Likes

Fourth dimensional thinking is apparently indistinguishable from really bad two dimensional thinking.

7 Likes

Well maybe the strategy of “you can’t compare performance to previous years if we keep changing the name and pretending it’s a different website every year” will mean the debt collectors won’t be able to find them, either.

I’m honestly just shocked that they’re still making even close to 60% of their previous revenue. Although that was the first three quarters - I’d be really surprised if it was still that high (or if the 600 million was even accurate in the first place).

[puts on weird accent and fake mustache] “No, no, am not ‘Tweeter,’ who is ‘Tweeter’? Am ‘Ex’ - total different!” [quickly pushes pile of cardboard boxes in front of unchanged URL, hoping no one noticed]

No, wait - that’s not an accurate illustration, nothing’s on fire…

9 Likes

Next year, “Y”.

7 Likes

Lots of people have been asking that question ever since the idiot took over.

2 Likes

Two? You’re giving him more credit than I am

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.