Magician flubs trick, impales spectator's hand on spike

Liked for taking one for the team.

11 Likes

Maybe we can just watch this instead. No one really gets hurt.

(The video in the old BB post is dead.)

2 Likes

So what would be the ‘trick’ if it worked correctly? No blood?

If it worked correctly, they’d smash their hands down on all the bags besides the one with the nail in it, then pull the nail-trap out of the final remaining bag.

I watched it. Someone has to witness these things.

I hope you will accept this sentence in lieu of an actual stigmata joke.

2 Likes

Wait… isn’t that: “I wanted to call for an ambulance”?

2 Likes

We’re missing some set-up.
Two days previously, when the magician was booked on the show -
Magician, eying his spike trick: “Finally I will have my revenge on the television host who wronged me all those years ago…”

10 Likes

At least it wasn’t the sawing-the-woman-in-half trick.

13 Likes

Yeah (although I didn’t mention it), either Polish or something with the same word for “to be sorry.”

And, yes, slavic languages do sound similar in many ways.

Prostitutes do tricks; It’s an illusion.

3 Likes

The look on the guy’s face in the video:

13 Likes

18 Likes

No, see, all the magic is in his haircut.

4 Likes

Seriously. I was aboard the ‘Nope’ train by the time I finished reading the headline.

6 Likes

Maybe this is one magician who didn’t have a garden hose experience at one point in their life?

12 Likes

It’s because the article is talking about three separate instances. In 2015 a magician, screwed up the trick and impaled his own hand, of which there were only photos. The article also mentions another instance of this back in 2007 in which there is video and the magician is once again impaling his own hand.

The latest version is quite recent, in which the magician not only messes up the trick but uses the hand of one of the hosts of the tv show. He takes her hand and pushes her hand hard down onto the paper bag and into the nail. Thankfully, it looks like it wasn’t nearly as bad as the magician in 2015 who really impaled that nail in badly. However, the host was still taken to the hospital to be treated.

Seriously?

That’s ridiculous. That guy should be banned from doing magic ever again. It’s one thing to make a mistake doing a magic trick and hurt yourself; it’s unconscionable to perform a magic trick and screw it up so badly that you hurt a spectator.

4 Likes

Bloody hell. It’s like the NASCAR of magic tricks. You only watch to see the inevitable carnage.

5 Likes

No it’s not.

Maybe it was supposed to be an illusion, but… the hand, the spike, the blood – it was all real!

7 Likes

Agreed! It was the magician’s competence that was the illusion.

6 Likes