Magician flubs trick, impales spectator's hand on spike

1 Like

Was Hugh Jackman spotted leaving the scene?

1 Like

The first time I saw this trick back in the heady days of yore (2008), it was by Brian Brushwood, and he wanted to get it wrong, to shock the viewer. As a matter of fact, you can kind of see the fake blade sticking out of the back of his hand a second or two into the video. In more recent videos he does it so he misses the knife. But every time one of these "oops"es gets reported, I have to wonder if again, itā€™s meant to work like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZ_ANc_WiU

1 Like

What do you mean he flubbed that trick?
He totally nailed it!

12 Likes

Jazz Hands! Bleeding stigmatic Jazz Hands!

2 Likes

*Jesus hands.

6 Likes

Back in high school (when I was still lame enough to do magic tricks) I had one where you would pierce your arm with a huge needle. The trick was supposedly that you would do it without harming yourself. The real punchline though was that the needle hat a hidden compartment with fake blood so you could pretend the trick had gone wrong and blood was oozing out of the punctuation wounds. A mechanism like that would go well with this nail trick.

ā€¦ IĀ“m probably gonna click that video ā€¦ why donĀ“t I know better ā€¦

Edit: Watched it. ā€œKurwaā€ indeed.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not really bloody. But the host shrieks pretty bad. Sounds like genuine pain to me.

2 Likes

Haha, love the reaction of the magician in this one:

Watch from 3:15 if you donĀ“t want to see the actual accident.

Moderator: Is it ok?
Magician: Mhmm, yeah ā€¦ ouch ā€¦ off to the hospital now. ScheiƟe. IĀ“m sorry. DonĀ“t do this at home.
Moderator: Thanks a lot anyway, Christian.
Magician: My pleasure.

2 Likes

The way he responds after failing itā€™s like:

ā€œThe jigā€™s up. Yeah, I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™m stupid. I gotta go.ā€

All I got out of him is disappointment. No anger or frustration just ā€œI screwed up, on to the next thing.ā€

The hosts reactions were weird too. But it could be entirely cultural. If that happened on an american morning show, Iā€™d expect there to be huge reactions followed by commercials very quickly. These anchors were all like ā€œis he okay? He says heā€™s okay. I guess heā€™s okay. On to the next thing *smiles brightly*ā€

Gob, is that you?

WARNING: A person gets stabbed in the hand in this video.

Got it.

1 Like

Best article about Brexit so far.

11 Likes

what kind of d-bag risks someone elseā€™s hand? risk your own hand you festering crap bucket.

3 Likes

thank you! my thought EXACTLY.

no one with that haircut - touches me. much less slams my hand onto a steel spike.

By who? Itā€™s not like you need a license. Some places might insist that you get insurance, which this guy will find tricky, but thereā€™s no internation blacklist of crappy magicians.

2 Likes

ā€œFor my next trick, one bag has as tetanus shot. The other two? Deadly poison!ā€

2 Likes

They all think that, until theyā€™re added to The List.

Those on The List who insist on performing magic tricks just seem to vanish likeā€¦

Well, like magic.

2 Likes

That would make a neat book. Shadowy agency (or maybe even serial killer) targeting inept and dangerous stage magiciansā€¦

3 Likes

2 Likes