Make: a $5 ACLU-donation Dash button you can press every time Trump makes you angry

I’d flattr you. Hard?

1 Like

Needs a rand() call

1. ACLU
  2. Human Rights Watch
  3. Southern Poverty Law Center
  4. Planned Parenthood
  5. ProPublica
  6. George Soros Liberal Billionaire’s Fund for World Domination by People Who Actually Know What They’re Goddamn Doing and Fucking Think Now and Then.
8 Likes

maybe you should add MSF? it’s one of the few groups willing to work in failed states

2 Likes
10 Likes

After ObummerKare is repealed and Trump gets rid of that ludicrous Healthy Lunches thing Americans will instantly be so healthy that won’t be necessary.

4 Likes

Last time I donated $5.00 to the ACLU they spent every penny mailing me crap I didn’t want. In fact, I’ve basically given up small donations to any organization because they all spend it marketing to me.

4 Likes

Considering the Orwellian dystopia in which we presently find ourselves, I’m not sure that I could afford this button even if I were financially well off. I’d be hitting it so much I’d break it in a week.

4 Likes

A million times, yes. As a recently-graduated, job-hunting MSW, there are bajillions of organizations to resist Trumpism. Now donate to them people, so that they may employ me!

My husband had the same idea last week and mocked up a number of them…

3 Likes

I don’t know where that number came from, but it doesn’t seem to be true.

ACLU annual budget is $134M. There was a surge of $24M following the Muslim Ban. But there wasn’t $800M of donations.

To complete the transaction, there should be a sound effect that accompanies the button press.

I’m thinking something empowering, like phaser banks or photon torpedoes.

3 Likes

Hmm…Assuming that right wing organizations operate along the same lines, perhaps a system that would donate $2.00 from a different donor name/address each time you press the button would be a way to bankrupt them. Bwahahaha…of course it wouldn’t make a dent in the wads of cash that big money donators give them.

1 Like

Whoops… I think I misspoke. Six times their typical annual donations.

1 Like

You should, plenty of problems and good groups.

For me, the unprecedented flood of donations to the ACLU correlates to an unpresidented assault on civil liberties. I don’t see either slowing down while this administration remains in office, so, I think the ACLU will continue to need the funds, ongoing. As will other groups, absolutely true also.

2 Likes
1 Like

Me and you both. I propose one that sends us money. This would make me, you, the spirits of both John Maynard Keynes and Milton Freedman* happy, plus in my case, the bankers when they take their cut for turning it into pounds. This seems like a win for everyone IMO.

*we could call them ‘microdrone drops’ instead of helicopter drops cos there’d (hopefully) be a lot of 'em, and they’re only little. I am a genius, and soon to be rich!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.