Maker attempts making an unpickable lock

I’m going to eventually make a lock that I’ll send both him and Bosnian Bill that neither will ever be able to physically pick.

I think there is something that is physically inaccessible that I can create, but a lot of it relies on tolerances and trap pins and geometry itself. And I’m betting the reason it hasn’t been commercially done was cost.

Well, he may have come up with a lock that is unpickable but he also made a mechanism that is visibly weak enough to be trivially forced using a screwdriver - the pins are not supported outside the shear line like they are in normal locks, the mechanism is made out of easily deformed metals and the out of the way “gateways” look really weak. People trying to defeat locks don’t attack them where they are strong, they attack their weaknesses.

2 Likes

I got one of these [below, reviewed by BosnianBill] from AliExpress and I can’t imagine a way to pick it. It’s impossible to tension in any normal sense: the sidebar engages passively as the core is turned, and only then does it engage the actuator:

Today on the lockpicking lawyer, I’ve been given this ‘unpickable lock’. In order to give this a fair run, I’m going to have this timer running in the bottom so you can see how much time it takes me.

For my tools, I’ve decided to use this gum wrapper and straw.

10 seconds pass

And that’s the end of the ‘unpickable lock’.

1 Like

I want this, but mounted a a shark’s head.

I think you miss the point. The goal is to create a lock that can’t be picked. Its resistance to other ways of bypassing are beside the point. If its pickproofing holds up, then he’ll get into the whole “what if someone shoots it with a .50 calibre.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.