Makers of EpiPen overcharged US taxpayers $1.27 billion, says federal government

Replace “taxes have been raised” with “company is forfeit”, and take it from there. (and exclude the last panel, because Hollingsworth is in prison now …)

10 Likes

Clawback time for Mylan and CEOs.

1 Like

Wait for the next iteration where we end up not actually owning our own lightbulbs, and licensed professionals will be the only ones authorized to install them.

10 Likes

It’s the invisible fist actually.

4 Likes

There’s one of those “screw in a light bulb” jokes in there somewhere.

The Invisible Hand is always attached to some very visible asshole

4 Likes

That is mighty Shkrelic of them aint it!

2 Likes

The other original intention of the patent system was to encourage the sharing of inventions by making sure the inventor could make some money off of it even if they didn’t control the means of production or distribution. That’s certainly been turned on it’s head, as most inventors never really have a right to their inventions, and patents are used to prevent the spread of inventions by entities who didn’t invent them.

4 Likes

Take that 1.27 billion out of the CEO’s personal fortune. If there’s not enough there, take the patent from them.

3 Likes

Heather Bresch sounds a lot like my soon-to-be ex-boss who talks a big game about the living wage but thinks it should be coming from government subsidy, instead of the company’s profit margin.

1 Like

Heather Bresch is the daughter of West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin. What could go wrong?

2 Likes

And a walking example of American aristocracy, who single-handedly disproves the myth of capitalist meritocracy.

1 Like

I’ve had this argument often with my “business” friends. I cheered when Arthur Anderson went down, but they were sad for the employees. Turns out they all got hired immediately to ensure compliance!

They of course say “stockholders shouldn’t be penalized for corporate malfeasance​”. I say bullshit. Stockholders who fear losing everything to a corporate death penalty will be either more discerning about where they invest, or more active in oversight.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s absolute crazy talk. Of course stockholders should be penalized for corporate malfeasance. People who say otherwise need to get their heads around how crazy their position is. It’s basically, “I have money, so the world owes me.”

2 Likes

“Privatize profit and socialize losses” has become the accepted norm of the financial culture…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.