Man, 21, busted for posing as 14-year-old and enrolling in high school

Waaaaay longer (decades) history of this happening with baseball prospects from Latin countries. Not to be confrontational, but singling out HS basketball (when HS football is arguably more notorious for holding kids back to be bigger and stronger than the competition) honestly has some ick factor to it - I hope that was not intentionally cherry-picking to put the focus on a certain population over another. Sensitive times call for extra awareness - especially from those who WANT to be respectful to all, present company included. :grinning:

4 Likes

I presented basketball since it’s what I’m more familiar with (not a football/baseball fan), and because there are people at the professional level who still have this levied against them (legitimate or not).

4 Likes

That was the thing that came to mind, and Cameron Crowe was definitely older than high school. It was for a story, but I thought he missed out on high school the first time.

“Never Been Kissed” is another movie where an adult goes to high school to write about it.

I’m sure “The Mod Squad” must have episodes where the “kids” went undercover in high school.

For decades I had dreams that I was still in high school. Vivid, so I’d wake up and have to readjust to reality. But then my bad dreams about high school were always better than actually being in high school.

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

I can see the masochism just edging through, barely shoving past (nonvirtual) planning lunch 2 weeks in advance and occasionally squeaky slidey floors.

3 Likes

isn’t this the plot of the Danger 5 episode where Hitler has infiltrated a mid-west high school and is campaigning to be King of Christmas?

2 Likes

He was livin’ the reoccurring dream!

1 Like

21 and his life is already over. Sad.

8 Likes

I came for McConaughey.
Was not disappoint.
all right, all right, all right!

2 Likes

Pretty sure that is just “the internet”

Sources say, He was dreamy

2 Likes

I had 2 20ish classmates in high school. Both were because they had failed grades several times.

One was a track star (duh, he had 3 more years of training than everyone else). He DGIAF about it, and in one of my classes my teacher asked for a borrowed pencil back, then saying, “Nevermind. I’ll get it next year.”

The other one I never knew much about, other than he looked like a young Sammy Hagar.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.