Man arrested for stealing 200,000 Cadbury Creme Eggs

Originally published at: Man arrested for stealing 200,000 Cadbury Creme Eggs | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Sounds like the crime was it’s own punishment.

Disgusted No Thank You GIF by Shark Week

13 Likes

More for me, then.
Easter Bunny Fox GIF by Animation Domination High-Def
[I have no idea why this GIF exists. :face_with_monocle:]

18 Likes

Worst. Omelets. Ever.

14 Likes

Do you prefer a sandwich made with Cadbury Creme Egg Mayo?

4 Likes

That was me.

I have no regrets.

I’m also diabetic now. Prosecution says the two are related, though I don’t know how… :thinking:

4 Likes

11 Likes

I learned not to buy these special seasonal promotions the hard way

7 Likes

Crimes in England are so twee.

2 Likes

‘arf-a-mo’…

200,000 Cadbury Creme Eggs. He allegedly had cut through a gate at a Cadbury facility and took off with the truck containing $48,000 worth of confections.

lest my fuel-injected abacus has failed me (again) that’d be about $0.24 per Cadbury egg. i don’t recall them ever being so cheap (or ‘cheeeep’). (“They said ‘worth of confections’ not specifying the eggs” nah, that would make the per-egg cost even lower still. “well that’s retail in’it?”)

5 Likes

Speaking as a man who lives in a country devoid of Cadbury Creme Eggs, he deserves the death penalty.
There… I said it.

3 Likes

a quick search gives me a price of £2 for 5, so that’s roughly a 100% mark up between factory and retail, if those figures are to be believed.

3 Likes

That’s actually a pretty low markup for most retail items.

3-400% is not unusual

2 Likes

I thought the same but that must be either the Wholesale price or the cost to produce. Just checked and it would cost a retailer £76,000 to buy that many from a Wholesaler. I need to get out more.

2 Likes

@Purplecat @oldstevo @McGreens
Afraid I have nothing to add.

Was just imagining the young me in the 70’s being able to get my head around the fact that technology would advance to a point where I would be able to join an international conversation around the pricing of Cadbury Creme Eggs while sitting in front of the telly with a squashed typewriter!

6 Likes

a10170ef23337dc761af192e319c21bf

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.