British man found guilty of stealing 200,000 Cadbury Creme Eggs

Originally published at: British man found guilty of stealing 200,000 Cadbury Creme Eggs | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Reboing

Or was this another thief?

7 Likes

Sounds like that was the arrest and this is the verdict. Justice is swift.

6 Likes

When I used to do clerical work in a police station, the officers recovered a truck load of Mars Bars that had recently been stolen. Apparently they had to count them all for the evidence trail. :smile: Thousands of them.

5 Likes

The fast way to do that is to weigh ten or so bars then just weigh them in case loads and add up the weight. But spending a day or two counting candy bars is a better way for the police to spend tax dollars than their usual antics.

4 Likes

3 Likes

A story with a big photo of a cracked Cadbury Egg, in plenty of time to prepare for Easter. The suspicious voice in the back of my head refuses to shut up about these things…

3 Likes

Wow, that’s like 100,000 soda cans worth of sugar!

7 Likes

Another link in the international Cadbury egg smuggling ring has been broken. Hooray! The USA remains safe from these banned products.

Just in time for Easter. /s

3 Likes

Im sure youre thinking of kinder eggs

4 Likes

Nope. I’m talking Cadbury creme eggs.
Cadbury Banned: How The US Market Is Reacting To The Shock News | Nunu Chocolates.

2 Likes
1 Like

I see. Cadbury eggs manufactured outside the US cannot be imported. But US made cadbury eggs (really hershey in different clothing) are fine in the US.

That article was really weirdly written, like it had been machine-translated from another language.

5 Likes

I discovered these today:

They’re basically everything that original Cadbury Creme Eggs wish they were. I would steal two truckloads.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.