Man banned from bicycling now in jail for riding to probation meeting on his bike

Originally published at: Man banned from bicycling now in jail for riding to probation meeting on his bike | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I think I’m still up in arms on the ruling. If he’s riding up on women and assaulting them, I don’t think the fact that he was a cyclist is the core of the issue.

31 Likes

It’s American-style Catch-22 justice for sure, but if he’s this prone to flouting the law then the dickhead should still be in a cell to prevent him from assaulting other women.

6 Likes

Why isn’t he in prison for assault? You don’t put a bank robber in prison for driving (not illegally).

12 Likes

yea, sounds sus… I want to hear what the bicycle has to say.

4 Likes

8 Likes

The bike is irrelevant. They should just have locked him up for assaulting women. He’d do it without the bike.

5 Likes

Carter demonstrated a complete lack of respect for his Criminal Behaviour Order by breaching it within days of it being issued

I read this in the voice of Long John Baldry singing about boojy woojy music

1 Like

IMG_0034

2 Likes

When bikes are outlawed, only outlaws will ride bikes.

2 Likes

He had already been in prison for assault (only 6 weeks). The banning order was put in place after.

5 Likes

I get that returning someone to prison for breaking conditions is much quicker than a criminal prosecution though and makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.