As man exits truck to assault cyclist, car jacker steals truck and hits person in a wheelchair

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/15/as-man-exits-truck-to-assault.html

3 Likes

“…The Aristocrats!”

32 Likes

In before the “damn bicyclists” tirade.

/s

9 Likes

I’m trying to picture how this all went down, and am only coming to the conclusion that Santa Monica should probably not be my next vacation destination.

12 Likes

Damn bicyclists, always pushing playing cards on people and setting up elaborate impromptu chains of comedy.

11 Likes

cue Yakety Sax…

13 Likes

This story reads like something out of a Peter Sellers or Guy Ritchie movie.

11 Likes

And the bicyclist rode merrily on his way. It’d make a good bit in a Fawlty Towers episode. John Cleese (Basil Fawlty) could have been the irate Toyota driver who ends up getting a ticket for illegal parking.

8 Likes

Where I live they’d have arrested the bicyclist on principle.

They definitely would not have arrested the guy who assaulted him, and they might or might not have arrested the carjacker. But they’d have gotten the cyclist for sure.

7 Likes

Well? Where? Detroit?

4 Likes

Ok, that’s the setup. Where’s the bar and when do the priest, rabbi and the guy with the duck on his head come into this?

4 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ObviousFineAkitainu-small.gif[quote=“TheFonz, post:8, topic:102805”]
And the bicyclist rode merrily on his way.
[/quote]

24 Likes

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

1 Like

Is it carjacking if the car being jacked is unoccupied?

Damn “In before the “damn bicyclists” tirade” people!

5 Likes

My former home, currently Xenivania. This kinda shit is pretty common and this instance seems to only involve one very sad and injured innocent bystander.

2 Likes

“I meant to do that.”

1 Like

Surely this man is the Rube Goldberg of truck thieves!

2 Likes

Otherwise known as the Mississippi of Canada.

2 Likes

What, they couldn’t work ‘running over a unicorn’ and ‘setting an orphanage afire’ into the story?

4 Likes