Watch as a guy with a bicycle mounted bottle rocket launcher defends his lane

Originally published at: Watch as a guy with a bicycle mounted bottle rocket launcher defends his lane | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Totally staged, but good clean fun.

22 Likes

Depends, i’m guessing that this isn’t taking place in the US

16 Likes

Reckless. Irresponsible. Violence never settles…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

23 Likes

Italy, according to Reddit. For context, the scooter guys had robbed the cyclist, or attempted to.

18 Likes

This should get him the same as firing a gun on the road.

BUT he’s a bicyclist and oppressed!
Oh! never mind then.

2 Likes

Car repellant never looked so fun!

2 Likes

So, legally allowed in many circumstances, and totally within the morals of the type of asshole who would run a cyclist off the road?

11 Likes

Seems like pre-loading those rockets and using an electric igniter would be helpful.

17 Likes

Soooo this wasn’t in Florida?

5 Likes

It’s true, bottle rockets are designed to kill people, and thousands upon thousands are killed with them every year.

13 Likes

Exactly the Mad Max and Breaking Away mashup I wanted to see.

21 Likes

I hate to automatically assume stuff like this is staged, but everything about it is so awkward and stilted: he just happens to be riding around with fireworks at hand, the scooter guy doesn’t immediately just clock him, then gives him so many chances to shoot.

I suppose if this kind of theft/assault was a common thing then bicyclists would mount both the fireworks and a lighter on their handlebars ahead of time instead of fumbling around like this guy did.

5 Likes

If cyclists getting robbed is that common, this fireworks setup is less deterrent and more punitive.

Better to cycle with a big stick.

3 Likes

From what i could tell based on some Reddit comments, it is likely friends staging this. As a skit i think it’s amusing, but passing it off as a “real” thing is worn out and dumb

7 Likes

is it tho?

1 Like

What an absolute maniac.

Duct taping a long-barreled “Hot Shot2” lighter along the tube would solve the uneasy light-up process. Also maybe filling the tube with spaghetti (similar to knife holders) so the rocket base sits still would also work.

I mean, if one were prone to doing such things.

8 Likes

a2928673ec29aa387bc73afa3aac8170
As is the nature of combat, this can only escalate ~

12 Likes

Hot cross buns!

Jimmy Fallon Oops GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like