Man checks single can of beer on flight

Yeah that is cabin pressure. 0.8 atmospheres.

1 Like

I think we’ve reached peak Australia.

3 Likes

Was a time when electricity and refrigeration did not exist although beer did. Tom Standage suggests we (civilization) evolved in pursuit of beer, meads and wines… interesting but off topic

1 Like

“Are you still banging those rocks together, Og?”

“Yes, Ug, for this will lead to the discovery of fire, and, over thousands of years, to the harnessing of electrical power, and, finally, to refrigeration; when we will be able to enjoy a lovely cold beer.”

“Or we could just put our beer in the ice cold run off from the glacier, Og.”

“Fuck off, Ug… just FUCK OFF!

3 Likes

Export is a ‘traditional’ lager, which is to say it used to be one of the two or three lagers you could buy in Western Australia. It’s most interesting quality is that it seems mostly temperature insensitive: It never tastes amazing, but it’s the same not-amazing taste whether it’s straight from the fridge or whether it’s been sitting in the back of a ute in summer all day

The strange part of this story is that he flew it from Melbourne (Where it’s fairly uncommon) to Perth (Where it’s available in every bottleshop). Maybe it was homesick?

4 Likes

Eons ago, when asked I declared 99 bottles of beer in my bag, 99 bottles of beer. The customs agent sighed, stamped my passport, and waved me through. Fooled him though, I really only had 32 bottles of beer. :upside_down_face:
It might have been obvious that I had drank my way across the Atlantic.

3 Likes

The fuck you say. Our beer taps have ice on them.

3 Likes

There are like, nine thousand good beers these days. The old shit made by the big breweries, I dunno who drinks that anymore.

1 Like

No. If you drink Australian beer any warmer than just above freezing, you’ll taste it, and that’s your evening ruined.

2 Likes

Sigh. Given how fragile most good beers are, which makes for complicated shipping, chances are scarse that I’ll ever have any.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.