Man destroys own apartment after meeting homosexual demon

I came here looking for the source of the image and was disappointed. Is that Mr. Curry in Ridley Scott’s “Legend” ?

That it is good sir. I’ll certainly never look at Darkness the same again, now that Rob has made that association :smile:

2 Likes

As long as you don’t mind the risk of being shot, or tazed into submission and suffocated, the response times of your local police department are way better than waiting in the ER for an open psych bed…

You didn’t read closely enough: the demon was possessed by, presumably, some sub-demon. Demons aren’t more liberal today, they’re just getting possessed by more radical sub-demons. No worries, tho, that’s just life.

I couldn’t help but be reminded of this video. (Hope this works… it’s actually blocked from where I am posting)

3 Likes

I think we have a new winner :slight_smile:

Where the hell did you find this?

Mondo New York from 1988. I saw it right before starting college.
(EDIT: Glad the link worked…)

That was hilarious.

That was funny.

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I wish stories like this to leave out the persons name. It’s too late I guess as the original story has already recorded this event in the permanent public record of this young man, but Boing Boing doesn’t need to as well.

1 Like

I’ll have what she’s having.

Mental illness is such a laugh, isn’t it? Really tasteful.

I wouldn’t mind passing on the criminal charges in this case. He’s still going to have to face civil charges, unless he wants to just concede the point and pay the damage claims.

To some extent, there’s an obligation to try to manage yourself so you aren’t a danger to others, especially if you know you have a condition which may present such a danger. If you’re a narcoleptic who’s off your meds, you shouldn’t be driving, for example. Granted a disorder which by definition impairs judgement may make that difficult, but I don’t think that completely lifts responsibility.

It is possible to feel for the guy, hope he gets back on his medication and stable while at the same time find what he hallucinated to be kinda funny. All my mind ever seems to come up with is insects, spiders, and other creepy-crawly things. That or the certain knowledge that I’m late for something and I need to hurry up, get dressed, and go to whatever it is right now. Not once has a demon (homosexual or otherwise) visited.

1 Like

Yes, because BoingBoing is clearly “having a larf” at this man’s expense, shamelessly telling this tale purely to mock and deride and embarrass for the sake of getting a perverse kick out of it all.

Wait, no, the other thing. What was it again? Giving neutral, factual information about a happenstance without offering any opinion or editorialization? I always get those two things confused.

/sarcasm

What would you prefer? That people simply not report on bizarre incidents such as this if anyone involved has any form of mental illness?

I guess the Queer Eye-style interior design makeover wasn’t a hit.

I was laughing at the videos posted. However, I did find his comment that he was remodeling funny. I would have found that comment entertaining if it hadn’t been uttered by someone with mental illness. Life can be a tragedy and comedy at the same time.

I agree that homophobic society does plenty of damage to people and society, but this man sounds like a schizophrenic (or other similar mental illness) with a drug problem. I don’t think you can blame homophobia too much in this instance.

The man needs medical help, not prison. A sad story to be sure.

2 Likes