A fully-grown man takes an axe to his house and car when he thinks his wife messed with his action figures

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/22/a-fully-grown-man-takes-an-axe.html

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thank gawd his wife wasn’t in the house.

10 Likes

I appreciate the phrasing in the title, because this guy can’t really be described as “adult” here.

14 Likes

Never mind divorce, that ought to be grounds for annulment since he clearly isn’t an adult qualified for marriage.

16 Likes

I had a brother like that, he’s with his God now.

8 Likes

Ok so the TV punch is bad enough but holy fucking hell…

4 Likes

A relative-in-law of mine back in the 19th century was married to a timber baron in Pennsylvania. She wanted new furniture for a party; her husband said no. So she chopped up their existing furniture with an axe. They held the party with only one chair, which she claimed as hostess.

16 Likes

So you can get arrested for destroying your own property? Assuming the car, tv, computer, and other household items were his, of course.

And just why would you call 911 on yourself and what would you say? “Hi, I’m a man-child and I destroyed my stuff because I think my wife touched my dolls. Please come arrest me.”

Is he going to sue himself to recover the cost of the items destroyed?

I’m confused and disturbed on so many levels…

20 Likes

Charged with what? It’s his stuff, no?

@matkat2510
@ephoph

Officers took the suspect into custody, arrested him for domestic-related charges of disorderly conduct and felony damage to property and was taken into jail.

BTW: His Wife owned half of those items.

26 Likes

Cancel the party?

Not in my state she doesn’t.

Yes, in that I must concede you are correct, but not all of us live in your “state”. Say hello to your dear wife for me…

8 Likes

WHAT KIND of action figures?!? That’s the critical piece of info that’s missing from the article!

23 Likes

My guess is Barbies, I can’t come up with anything else.

3 Likes

Ha! That’s the information I was looking for. Not that his behavior is acceptable no matter what kind of action figure was involved. Just curious.

…also. i’m betting it was wrestling action figures…

…sorry. wrasslin’…

Then you do not live in Wisconsin where this tantrum transpired.

5 Likes

If they are indeed wrasslin’ action figures, I pray to FSM that the damaged prized possession which broke the camel’s back was a “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan figure complete with 2x4 and American flag.

3 Likes

Forgive me, I believe the correct term is “A Grown-Ass-Man”

8 Likes