Man dies after diving 40 feet into 4 foot-deep water

Originally published at: Man dies after diving 40 feet into 4 foot-deep water | Boing Boing

5 Likes

On Saturday July 1, 2023, at approximately 1620hrs

4:20pm
Coincidence?

5 Likes

Well, it was likely alcohol, but luckily it’s always 5 O’Clock somewhere.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s good to remind folks that real life isn’t minecraft and diving into water whose depth you don’t know is dangerous. I remember PSAs alone these lines from my childhood, but haven’t seen them recently. Also, it’s for the best that alcohol consumption is decreasing.

7 Likes

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

6 Likes

I’ll bet he put away his sidearm before diving. The only way to stop a bad lake with a shallow bottom is to shoot it several times with your permitless carry firearm. That’ll fix it.

6 Likes

Because people didn’t do this before video games? What’s with the rash of people blaming human behavior that has gone on for millenia on video games?

12 Likes

Texas. Home to “hold my beer”.

4 Likes

I dove into a friends above ground pool as a young teen. It was not like the town pool in its depth. My head hit the bottom hard & I hurt a lot. My neck hurt a lot. I could easily have broken my neck. It really scared me.

There were no video games then. Just a dumb kid who didn’t know better.

13 Likes

Whoops…

1 Like

Remarkable lack of sympathy for a fellow human. I’m sorry for him and his family.

8 Likes

That which doesn’t destroy you becomes an anecdote; that which does becomes an epitaph. What a sad event.

6 Likes

My fellow Texans are not always the best of the best. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I hope there were no permanent complications from that dive.

5 Likes

Thanks- not a bit. Just sore for a day or two.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.