Man dragging roadkill raccoon shot by bad Samaritan who thought it was an abused dog

Any time I hear about tanuki, I remember this image from a Japanese commercial:

It also reminds me of a running gag from my trip to Japan, and is part of why I have a tanuki figure Link on my desk at work.They all seem to have oversized testes, but are generally far more tasteful about how they are displayed.

Nice job embedding the BoingBoing referral code into my link, BTW. I’ll leave it there.

6 Likes

For me, the context is gentle and benign. He knows his land, fisherman and probably hunter and probably hunts for a lot of his meals, resourceful… I admire his decision.

If I saw someone swinging the dead raccoon around and laughing and taunting others, like drunk guy, or frat boy, or even the guy in the video, I would be pissed off and ready to kick him in the balls.

1 Like

Is this supposed to be wonderful or mostly wonderful? Because I’m feeling distinctly horrified and unhappy. Perhaps I am supposed to be full of wonder? Like, gee I wonder about how long it’ll be before I get shot for doing something unexpected?

1 Like

probably something to do with this:

1 Like

Pretty sure that there’s a country song called “Stop Dragging My Raccoon Around”. Or if there isn’t, there should be.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read an article about someone here in Montreal who had run over a purse-snatcher with her car, and it was presented in a remarkably non-judgmental fashion, and I said through clenched teeth - “WTF is it with people using deadly force in situations that are unambiguously non-life-threatening???”

2 Likes

Perhaps that’s because this sort of thing isn’t news in Florida… therefore…

NO! (signed: An otter, back-floating while bashing a rock against a clam on his stomach, anticipating the main course of crab.)

2 Likes

How is this not tasteful?

2 Likes

Well, it’s a matter of perspective, I suppose.

The only way to stop a bad guy (with or without a gun) is a good guy with a gun, in as far as:

1. everyone who judges himself to be “good” is correct.
  2. the good guy can instantly assess all who are bad around him.
  3. good guys never become bad.
  4. morality makes you draw your weapon faster.

Wayne LaPierre is going to get back to me and let me know which of those premises were faulty in this raccoon situation.

1 Like

I like the 'possum version better:

1 Like

How wonderful !. Thanks for showing me that. Your blood is worth bottling, mate.

“Doc, it’s only a scratch. And I’ll be better - I’ll be better - as soon as I am able!”

1 Like

it is pretty darn clever to make sure the affiliate linkage goes to the one publishing the link, I gotta agree. When I first noticed it I thought, well, that’s one way to keep the lights on. I’d start a thread about it, but that’s all I have to say on it!

I do not think you should drink it. I’m fat and I think my blood would kill you with all that cholesterol, even though it’s organic …

WTF indeed!

Everyone wants to be a do gooder and right wrongs and fight injustice. Most of the time it’s better to mind your own fucking business. Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.