Man flew to China to meet online girlfriend, but didn't

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/02/man-flew-to-china-to-meet-onli.html

3 Likes

I’ve seen the most level headed people fall for the most obvious scams because they are lonely - this is why we can’t have nice things in the world.

29 Likes

I assume he looked better before camping out in the airport?

13 Likes

But the most glaring thing that flies over most of the joker’s heads is that she actually exists.

His basic mistake was to plan to surprise her without thinking about the possibility she might not want to move on with the relationship that quickly, not to mention the possibility she would be away at the time.

23 Likes

All the lonely people, where do they all come from.

27 Likes

Strawberry Fields, mostly.

17 Likes

Love knows no bounds. Apparently.

3 Likes

I’m surprised this one slipped by the censors.

24 Likes
7 Likes

Every time I see a story about someone falling for a fake online romance (and the money-grabbing schemes that tend to be associated), it just saddens me that people prey on the lonely like this.

24 Likes

That sentiment is so prevalent here, the censors probably can’t catch all expressions of it.

11 Likes

Come for the girlfriend, stay for the Moo Goo Gai Pan!

7 Likes

Maybe he was also trying to get her to share the cost of the trip, and she just didn’t want to “go Dutch.”

13 Likes

With a series of minor highs followed by a crushing low, it’s just like a real relationship.*

• Take me back, Jerilene!
10 Likes

Yep…that clinches it. I’m old. :disappointed:

1 Like

If not Steve Buscemi, i could see David Spade and Joe Dirt 3.

6 Likes

“Wookin’ Pa Nub”

10 Likes

Dammit, you beat me to it.

7 Likes

I’m no doctor but perhaps anyone suffering from severe dehydration ends up looking like Steve Buscemi? Hell, it might be the case that Steve Buscemi and Brad Pitt are the same person.

9 Likes

You need to get a visa in advance and that takes a while.

This either shows some serious dedication or stupidity.

6 Likes