Man flies from London to Australia to meet toddler who shares his condition

Mandatory inter-state piss-taking aside, Adelaide’s great. I’d call it laid-back, rather than dull. And (trivia) it’s one of the few places where a cola isn’t the number one soft drink. Farmer’s Union FTW.

2 Likes

I remember Inca Kola in Peru (yeah, a cola, but not Pepsi or Coke), and of course Irn-Bru. Never heard of Farmer’s Union - it’s an iced coffee?

Yep. In a proper old-school carton. Ridiculously sweet, carrying homeopathic amounts of coffee (by my standards) and sells by the truckload. Best served with a meat-pie for a properly balanced meal.

It’s actually pretty good, providing you weren’t expecting anything resembling coffee.

2 Likes

Oh man, you can get inca Kola here in so. cal. in a fair number of hispanic markets, and if your taste goes towards insanely sweet caffeinated tutti-frutti flavored drinks, then it’s definitely for you.

I’m not sure I’d let an iguana drink it unless I wanted a cracked out iguana on hand…

2 Likes

Hey! That’s my home town!

It might be a giant retirement village with paralysing unemployment, but they’ve decriminalised weed, making unemployed retirement a lot easier to tolerate!

It is fetishised to the point of religious extremism.

1 Like

Presumably as part of a Pie Floater sold from a mobile van for best effect?

1 Like

We have Aussie pies covered in Seattle. Not a patch on British ones, mind.

I found it in Miami (in little Haiti) a few years ago. I love the stuff. Mostly because it reminds me of Peru. See also; Pisco Sours.

A pasty with sauce, thanks.

1 Like

Mine heart it is warmed. FLKs represent!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.