Kangaroo enjoys deserted Australian city

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/21/kangaroo-enjoys-deserted-austr.html

7 Likes

I saw the car coming and thought, “Noooooooooooooo!”

10 Likes

But then it seemed the kangaroo learned about crosswalks :kangaroo: :children_crossing:

3 Likes

(@BakaNeko beat you to it: Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1) - #3021 by BakaNeko)

6 Likes

I know, it went from a moment of zen to a mini-suspense film!

5 Likes

The kangaroo seemed to fade out now and then. Seems the video compresssion algorithm couldn’t quite believe it was really there.

6 Likes

Australians get really stressed by the thought of crossing a road without a green man showing.

4 Likes

Thats a weird dog…

4 Likes

It was bouncing back and forth between Dreamtime and the present :kangaroo:

6 Likes

Pretty sure some of those are wallabies.

2 Likes

If I had a Wallaby I’d name it Marcus. Marcus Wallaby

7 Likes

Literally boing boing

Sound effects remix in 3… 2…

2 Likes
4 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

Look at your water bowl, Marcus Wallaby. It’s em-dee.

3 Likes

My brain took just a bit too long there to figure out what the red light is actually …

2 Likes

Video needs a theme song.

5 Likes

I saw Kangaroos at Melbourne airport during the fires and I wondered if they had been displaced there naturally or by humans looking for temporary habitat for them… Its not something you want near Tullamarine normally.

Adelaide has quite a bit of parkland near the CBD and it doesn’t surprise me that Kangaroos would wander in, looking for food or possibly just a shortcut.

2 Likes

Car deaths are incredibly common. I don’t think I’ve ever driven to the city without without seeing a couple dead roos on the side of the road. I personally believe it is because they have a lousy turning circle when in motion - as you can see in this near miss.

Have a ‘mob’ of around 50 on my property and never get tired of watching them. I actually do imagine them making the boing boing sound but in reality it’s a very deep thud. The large mails are around 6ft. when standing. Best to give them a very wide birth because it’s the alphas job to protect the mob and will punch on at the drop of a hat.

4 Likes