Watch: Angry kangaroo punches paraglider as soon as he lands

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/11/watch-paraglider-lands-and-is.html

17 Likes

375280271be1fc491950fef2bea95c9fd46e1a5d%5B1%5D

57 Likes

He’s lucky it was just a Gray Kangaroo. Their larger red cousins are freaking terrifying.

buff-kangaroo

38 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like in the cartoons where a kangaroo would make an unrealistic jump and hit a paraglider when they’re in mid-air.

In real life, paragliders have to wait longer to get hit by kangaroos when they’re much closer to the ground.

A lot of people have unrealistic expectations when they sign up for getting hit by a kangaroo.

31 Likes

Roger the Bucket Crusher (RIP) was a big fella also…

I wouldn’t want to drop in on him unannounced.

26 Likes

He called it skip…does that mean he personally knows it? is there some bad blood thing going on here?

5 Likes

Well - he was coming right at him. He’s lucky it wasn’t armed.

8 Likes

WTF… that’s real?!?!

13 Likes

My question also!

11 Likes

33 Likes

I once got hassled by a male roo for treats when I was feeding a group of females. He was of a not dissimilar build.

IIRC, I dropped the bag of snacks at his feet and legged it.

22 Likes

Probably thought he was fending off an alien invasion.

11 Likes
17 Likes

that’s a Bojack character waiting to be

7 Likes

I don’t blame you; that animal pictured is more buff than all the dudes I know who ‘lift’, combined.

O_o

11 Likes

If I was a kangaroo, and the biggest, weirdest looking thing I’d ever seen floated down from the sky into my territory, my first reaction would probably be to punch it in the bonch, too, before it ate me.

Red kangaroos can be BUFF.

tenor

22 Likes

From a quick google query, most of those pics were of a specific roo, Roger.

Still, the fact that they are even capable of getting so massive is straight up nightmare fuel.

15 Likes

oh ok, so it’s the kangaroo equivalent of “we all look the same to you”.

7 Likes

I guess Roos are dicks.

8 Likes

Let this be your daily reminder that EVERYTHING IN AUSTRALIA IS TRYING TO KILL YOU.

35 Likes