Kangaroo kills 77-year old Australian man keeping it as pet

Originally published at: Kangaroo kills 77-year old Australian man keeping it as pet | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Condolences to the mans family.

But nothing about this:
images (1)

Says good pet to me. I think I would have the same chances of surviving a Tiger or Bear attack.

(Picured is Roger, he was famous for being buff)

9 Likes

That kangaroo looks like he is about to snap it to a Slim Jim, oh yeeeaahh!

9 Likes
7 Likes

Wild animals are NOT meant to be pets.

12 Likes

I hope Uncle Ben at Urban Rescue Ranch reads Boing Boing

3 Likes

We’d like a word…

4 Likes

“Once on the scene, police fatally shot the kangaroo…”

Checks out.

@Papasan As a kid I really enjoyed Rolf Harris; however, since it turns out that he would probably have enjoyed me a kid too, I’ve steered well clear of that paedo-dickhead.

8 Likes

“Kangaroo Kills” sounds like a Pixar movie voiced by Danny Trejo.

4 Likes

Make it the further adventures of T Saint and I’ll contribute to the funding.

3 Likes

Uugh, Rolf Harris. Creep

6 Likes

Here’s another reminder, folks, that wild animals are wild animals – it’s best to leave them alone

Especially Australian wild animals. You take your life into your hands just looking at them in a way they don’t like.

5 Likes

Kangaroos are like sheep with a velociraptor body plan.

5 Likes

Indeed. We don’t talk about the convicted child-molester!

I had the misfortune to grow up in the suburb next to where he was from. After the conviction he went from “local boy makes good” to “Who? Never heard of him!”

2 Likes

I have seen a Roo of about 1.8 meters tall after being cornered by 2 dogs settle back on its tail raise its large (hopping) rear feet and with its long razor like nails rip the guts out from neck to groin of a mongrel of about 30kilo. On another occasion saw a Wallaby dive into a large farm dam with 3 dogs after it and then it proceeded to dunk the dogs till one was half drowned and the other 2 took off for home, don’t screw with Roos.

2 Likes

It rhymes, so it must be true.

2 Likes

I remember watching a video on youtube about this kind of thing. Male roos are very much about domination, so our upright walking pattern to them is a sign of asserting that dominance, thus they’ll fight you to get you to submit which for them is to stay on all fours. Once you do that, the male roos will just stop trying stuff with you since they got their way. So, if you see a roo, don’t go near them. If you’re near one then don’t stand especially if you can’t get away.

1 Like

Oh god… I had not heard of this guy… fucking gross…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.