Man insults all 50 US state flags in a 2-minute video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/21/man-insults-all-50-us-state-fl.html

2 Likes

Rhode Island is gonna need some bandages and salve.

7 Likes

“Nothing says Louisiana like feeding your young directly from your mouth”

Actually the mother pelican is pecking herself until she bleeds, and feeding her young with her blood. This is (a) a Catholic metaphor and (b) metal as fuck.

That said, yeah, he’s got a point, it’s… it’s a hell of a state, especially once you leave New Orleans.

14 Likes

The ‘device’ used by the first Governor of the Colony, 1664:
Benedict Arnolds first Colony seal 1664 first act as governor

whose name was…

…Benedict Arnold.

Also, and probably consequently, a lot of anchors were actually cast in RI back in the day.

6 Likes

A metaphor based on a centuries-long misunderstanding of how pelicans feed their young. I guess it was harder to tell exactly what birds were doing back in the days before binoculars.

6 Likes

New Mexico… it gets a pass and I hafta agree its one of the few state flags (only?) that doesn’t suck.

12 Likes

This was much funnier and more awesome than I expected. Good show!

(And I for one am happy to be living on Robot Island!)

3 Likes

It’s my favorite, too. And the only one that focuses on the original inhabitants instead of the European takeover.

8 Likes

The Oregon comment is actually incorrect. There are about 4 million microbreweries in the state. By state law, all residents are declared to be their own microbrewery. Also their own strip club. #TheMoreYouKnow

4 Likes

“This eagle looks like it’s playing Settler of Cataan.”

I shot coffee out the nose. I’d kill to be able to be that droll.

6 Likes

WRONG. He only roasted 49 flags. He’s actually into New Mexico’s flag.

I liked “A little bit of racism, but make it chic.” (Mississippi, natch) and “I murdered this man. Welcome to Virginia.”

8 Likes

Technically a handful of the digs were really aimed more at the states and/or residents themselves rather than pointing out a weakness in the design of the flag.

3 Likes

True, kind of like making fun of someone who would wear a certain type of clothing rather than making fun of the clothing itself.

Must be one of CGP Grey’s alts.

The two that really got me were
“This is just a Corona commercial” and
This is Latin for Here’s a Potato".

5 Likes

“this looks like a brand of cigarettes that cool kids smoke”

5 Likes

Kansas: The Latin Says: “We’re here and it’s going ‘ok’ at best.”

100% accurate!

Really it is Ad Astra per Aspera - to the stars through difficulty.

3 Likes

More like: to the stars through limestone.

2 Likes

I was hoping he’d mention that Oregon couldn’t even decide on a single design, so the front and the back are different.
and “Robot Island”/ How cool is THAT.

2 Likes