Man loses phone, finds it the next day filled with monkey selfies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/16/man-loses-phone-finds-it-the.html

8 Likes

I hope these monkeys are getting full credit and compensation for their work.

14 Likes

Obligs:

10 Likes

That video of his photo roll seems suspect. The best photo of the monkey has what looks like blacked out parts hand drawn on (I mean, maybe the monkey was being lewd and the guy wanted to censor it for us) and there’s a photo of a thermometer reading in the middle of the supposed monkey photos which seems odd, I suppose that could just be a sorting issue but I assume most phones sort by date/time taken.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle…

(I’ll show myself out now).

6 Likes

Something yang korang takkan jumpa setiap abad.

Yep - that about sums things up.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to know how the word “something” managed to work its way into the local vernacular.

1 Like

We’re just ruining their culture.

6 Likes

I hope primate researchers are taking note. Older cell phones with a custom photo app loaded, left out with food- we can have these critters generating revenue for facebook in no time!

Are you saying there may have been some monkey business here?

(I’ll get my coat.)

8 Likes

Malaysian monkeys are notorious thieves. We lost a tube of steroid based skin cream at the Tambun Caves in Ipoh. It was easy to replace but I could see the monkey chewing into it, as if it was food. I hope it was okay in the end.

Went back a few years later, no monkeys at all.

1 Like

I imagine you’ll find a soupcon of borrowed words in most speech

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.