Man robs bank and tosses cash into the air shouting "Merry Christmas"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/26/man-robs-bank-and-tosses-cash.html

9 Likes

Just doing his thing.

8 Likes

…bystanders retrieved some of the money and returned it to the bank…

!

Ungrateful nincompoops. Santa’s gonna be handin out some coal next year!

13 Likes
8 Likes

On the theme of holiday mayhem:

19 Likes

I wonder if he is a habituated convict and just wanted to return to the way of life he’s used to in prison. There was a warrant out for his arrest on a different crime before he pulled this stunt off.

7 Likes

The proper way is to do a vulture capital takeover, loot the bank’s assets and screw its depositors and pensioners and then make a token but showy charitable donation.

10 Likes

this man is a hero

1 Like

He did have the proper beard for a Santa Claus impersonation.

5 Likes

“… she gives the police the slip by hiding behind a cupboard.” This sounds like something from “Walt Disney’s Cinderella” from a different, better, alternate reality.

5 Likes

First reaction: “why didn’t I learn this in history?!”

Second reaction: “shit, that was the year I started high school.”

Third reaction: shit.

8 Likes

bystanders retrieved some of the money and returned it to the bank

What the fuck is wrong with people?

5 Likes

The law locks up the man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the common
But leaves the greater villain loose
Who steals the common from off the goose.

19 Likes

My question would be “What the fuck is wrong with people who think there’s anything wrong about not taking what is not yours?”

I came here also to note that he does look the part :santa:

2 Likes

If I have learned anything from heist movies is that that deposited money is insured against theft by the federal government so that taking that money does not affect the consumer, only the bank itself which also would probably be just fine.

2 Likes

Saddest part of The Shawshank Redemption.

5 Likes

Here’s a photo of him in court, with his lawyer.

image https://mymerrychristmas.com/x/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/miracle_34th_1947_031.jpg

11 Likes

My question is “how deep do you want to go?”

10 Likes

This was an interesting question in middle school.

Today, my entire society’s hierarchy is based on your ability to separate folks from their money. If you’re really good, you’ll use psychological tricks on them to make them think they had some choice in the matter. Although brute force (usually via threats to lose healthcare, food or housing) is still quite popular too.

I don’t pilfer things from the local grocery store, but I don’t have the same associations about stealing from non-individuals as I was given from the pulpit in my youth.

3 Likes