Man robs bank and tosses cash into the air shouting "Merry Christmas"

There’s a lot they don’t teach you in Australian history classes.

For example, the event that led to the founding of the Australian Federal Police:

Or this:

Or this:

And, of course:

8 Likes

I was at least aware of all of these other than the egg throwing incident, which joyfully has some more recent competition in Fraser Anning.

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Those poor, poor banks, they are so hard up and skint :stuck_out_tongue:

And poor diddums they only destroyed many people’s livelihoods in 2008 and the 1930’s, and probably many other times, even driving some to suicide? /sarcasm

And it was all their fault with dodgy investments AND they got bailed out by us, the public. To very little reward or return, not even apologies.

Yeah, I don’t feel sorry for them. At all. Go Santa! Go Santa!

6 Likes

If you think this is some kind of a righteous retribution about the housing bubble, you’re being ridiculous. What I’m interested is that are you being ridiculous knowingly, or unknowingly?

“Banks” is a ridiculously broad category, and as far as I can tell, the bank robbed here (Academy Bank) has nothing to do with the big Wall Street investment banks that profited from the housing bubble. But it doesn’t surprise me to see people come up with righteous excuses for theft; that’s a common failing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.