Man stabbed to death in debate over whether chicken or egg came first

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/01/man-stabbed-to-death-in-debate-over-whether-chicken-or-egg-came-first.html

7 Likes

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

15 Likes

NGL: expected Florida, not Indonesia.

9 Likes

Man stabbed to death in debate over whether chicken or egg came first alcohol fueled argument.

15 Likes

What The Actual Fuck is wrong with people?

10 Likes

A riddle game ending up in the sore loser trying to kill the winner…that’s only a good story if a convenient ring saves the winner.

14 Likes

Would knock-knock jokes be safer?

10 Likes

Afraid not. Some wit inevitably goes for “orange” or “interrupting cow” and the knives come out.

14 Likes

The study of this subject is called paleoöööntology, btw.

(Joke due to Theodore Sturgeon? Or was it Thomas Pynchon? One of those.)

I see what you did there

2 Likes

You do? I guess I don’t. What did I miss? I just meant that as a 100% serious comment.

3 Likes

I was guessing you were working “ova” into it intentionally!

8 Likes

Eggs. Eggs came first.

Proto-chicken laid an egg with a chicken in.

13 Likes

I was not.

4 Likes

spotted the (fellow) student of Latin (and often Greek) roots.

in passing (out): probably the most generally useful ‘distribution credit’ class i took prior to a career in science was one in Latin/Greek roots (amazon link to textbook). amazing how many times i got through exams, undeservedly impressed colleagues, and answered questions in lectures just via the virtue of being able to quickly decode fine fellows such as: splanchnocranium, macula purpura, sesquioxide bimalate …

7 Likes

Maybe not consciously:wink:

4 Likes

Egg-layers existed loooong before chickens made the scene. XD

13 Likes

Nope, the chicken was first. The chicken had to get laid before the egg. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Stab stab… now I’m on a watchlist somewhere…

4 Likes

thanks for writing this so I didn’t have to.

It’s not semantics. It’s evolution.

4 Likes

To quote from Con Air: I’d say a lot.

2 Likes