Man sues date for texting in movie theater

My thought exactly. If Dude wants to be that much of a geek, she got off lucky.

1 Like

I should have but i’m fairly non-confrontational and i wouldn’t want to be responsible for getting someone booted. I’ve only complained to management about a douchebag at a theater once and it was because he was vaping on what looked like a steam locomotive, judging by the amount of vapor he was putting out. I was livid that time.

3 Likes

…and he wasn’t going to get off lucky at all.

1 Like

Petty and not worth it, but I see where he’s coming from. One of my personal rules is that if my date spends time texting during the meal or while a performance is going on it’s likely to be our last date.

12 Likes

I cannot get past the description of how they met. After meeting through an app called Bumble, should there be any expectation for the date to go well?

10 Likes

Fruit hats too?

2 Likes

Movie as a first date seems like a bad idea all around. 1-2 hours of not getting to know each other.

20 Likes

This poor man doesn’t realize that he is going to be paying her and her attorney for this one. I hope this lady gets a real expensive one too.

3 Likes

In Texas? Shirley, you jest.

2 Likes

8 Likes

My favorite PSA reminding people to put away their motherfucking phones during the movie.

6 Likes

I keep hearing that, but I don’t really know. When would be the right time to see a movie then? Some early date but not the first date? Once you are established as a couple?

Movies are entertaining (usually), where I might not be, so there are worse ideas. Also gives something to discuss over drinks afterward.

I usually see movies by myself, because my friends have radically different tastes in movies than I do.

2 Likes

I miss Judge Wapner. Of course even if he was still alive it would require most of an episode of The People’s Court just to bring him up to speed on “what’s an ‘App’?” and “you can send text messages on phones now?”

4 Likes

I think a museum would be a great first date. Lots of interaction/discussion with each other where it isn’t all just about the person so it may alleviate some social awkwardness.

If they don’t like the idea, ever better. Cross them off the list forever.

14 Likes

Aside from the inherent pettiness and the needless waste of time and resources, this guy just made certain that his dating prospects are going to take a ‘terminal dip.’

11 Likes

“Man sues date for texting in movie theater”

Very last item on the list titled “Ways to Inform Your Date that You Don’t Ever Wish to Date Them Again”

3 Likes

999 33 7777 999 666 88 222 2 66.

Or, you can pulse any of the buttons like so:

-.-- . … / -.-- — …- / -.-. .- -.

5 Likes

Second to last, actually. Right before suing them.

3 Likes

And if they say, “real pitchers look like what they’re pitchers of”, sue them for the price of the ticket.

3 Likes

I was looking at the 2009 edition of that list. You guess must have the latest.

1 Like