California man rams a dump truck into his own house (video)

Originally published at: California man rams a dump truck into his own house (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The cops aren’t there to protect people; they are employed to protect property. :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

But he gets a new house - the Big House!

6 Likes

They’re employed to protect specific people’s property (with occasional crumbs to others, although it’s more to keep the rabble in line.) They certainly didn’t do anything to protect this property.

20 Likes

I wonder if his divorce lawyer also does criminal defense work.

7 Likes

I’m glad it was just the house he ran over. Scenario like this,man comes back enraged because of a protective order, I expected Patricia Dunn to be dead as well.
For her sake I hope he stays in jail.

16 Likes

Same as it’s always been.

“Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.”- Adam Smith the Wealth of Nations

5 Likes

A very important distinction. Property of the lesser-thans may be treated better than the persons themselves, but still is lesser-than.

5 Likes

i’m surprised all the neighbors weren’t rushing out to quickly get their own cars out of the way.

2 Likes

He should have some free time to read now.
how to win friends and influence people, dale carnegie

2 Likes

This.

All things considered, damage to a house and totaling a car are far from the worst outcomes in this kind of situation.

4 Likes

Top priority for cops in Beverly Hills.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Just one more example of the literally endless people infantilized by American culture right now. When the House of Representatives rules by tantrum and open blackmail, and Trump continues to throw tantrums that started the day he first decided to run for president, what more can we expect.

4 Likes

Yeah, so why weren’t they there protecting the property then? Nobody got hurt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.