This cop enjoys damaging a car by repeatedly slamming a door into it

Originally published at: This cop enjoys damaging a car by repeatedly slamming a door into it | Boing Boing

6 Likes

and that’s exactly the mature behavior we expect to see in folks who carry guns and sometimes beat people up for a living.

43 Likes

“Clients tell me all the time that property is destroyed or stolen during search warrants,” Brian Barrett, the car owner’s attorney, told North Country Now . “This is a rare occasion where we have a video of a police officer destroying a client’s property. I’m more inclined to believe my clients now that I’ve seen this with my own eyes. I’ve got to take a very close look at those cases and the returns on the warrant and things like that.”

Hey, if anybody had this guy as a lawyer previously, you should know that he absolutely doesn’t believe you, and doesn’t have your back. Why anybody would say this to the press is mind-blowing.

29 Likes

Why isn’t it possible for some people to simply do their jobs without being total pricks about it?

23 Likes

­

8 Likes

Huckle, his name is Huckle, LEO the Huckle, I stopped right there.

9 Likes

Two observations of the video:

• There was already another cop in the garage when Office Huckle entered. (visible at 0:17/20) It looks like he made a comment to Huckle about hitting the car. To which Huckle seemed to respond something along the lines of “What? This car?”, proceeding to bang the car again. And again.

• The view does not seem to be from a stationary security camera but one held by an individual.
    What is that vantage point? Peeking through a hole in the garage ceiling?

7 Likes

It’s the North Country. Decent legal representation is just as difficult to access as decent medical care. As many of us ex-pats say, “It’s a nice place to be from”.

8 Likes

My thought exactly. Someone hiding in the rafters?

3 Likes

Few people know of Ceiling Cat’s true profession as a videographer.

More seriously, maybe it’s one of those little domed cameras that can swivel and be operated remotely, so the corner is a good place to put it.

15 Likes

Experienced once; maybe a bad day. Second time, converted for life. ACAB.

Think otherwise? Think this fool will be put through any part of the court process for his actions, which had Nothing to do with anything other than their own lack of professionalism?

Absolutely not.

4 Likes

It is a phone video of a monitor showing the security feed. Like it is every time someone shows one of these videos, and someone chimes in with, “why were they filming?”

The cop should be held liable for damages, and then disciplined, including firing if the investigation shows a history of this kind of abuse of power. We don’t need petty assholes like Mr. Huckle anywhere near public safety.

18 Likes

The best defense lawyers supposed to be those who don’t care whether they believe their clients. Defense is not just for innocent people. There are lots of people that you need to convince of your innocence but your lawyer should not be one.

Sad thing is I never thought I had a need for a garage camera and now…

4 Likes

how many ‘law enforcement officers’ have anger management issues?

4 Likes

I read the quote and this image automatically sprang to mind:

6 Likes

Enough that 40% of polled cops admit to beating their families.

So at least 40% are violent thugs with no self control (at most generous characterization )

10 Likes

Admitted to having done it.

Not, not admitted to it, or not haven’t done it yet, or any combination thereof.

6 Likes

I once heard that a defense lawyer’s main objective is to be sure that the client gets a fair trail. Makes sense to me. If the person is guilty, let the court prove it fairly.

The other 60% likely lie on polls.

5 Likes

At this point, many cops think that being a total prick about it IS their job, so…

13 Likes