Man tries to dislodge stuck popcorn from a vending machine

Originally published at: Man tries to dislodge stuck popcorn from a vending machine | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Pretty sure that was just a regular adjustable foot and there was nothing but weight (and good sense) to keep him from jostling the whole thing.

6 Likes

Death by vending machines has been significantly reduced since they have implemented warning labels: Sharks vs. vending machines: Which kills more people yearly?

I’m more distracted by the cost of the items, $2 a bag.

7 Likes

Yeah, he spent like ten bucks to get about a dollar-fifty’s worth of Smartfood.

4 Likes

This was a good scene in the film “The Darwin Awards”, which is a seriously underated film, IMO.

3 Likes

I’m making this into a video game but with bitcoin. Same return on investment!

2 Likes

What would have happened with A3?

You would have gotten an overly large sheet of paper.

8 Likes

meh, no longer available, been made private or taken down :frowning:

Funions…

Mic drop…

I always jostle, but NOT FROM THE FRONT.

Whenever I get a “suspended treat” like this, I stand beside the machine and give it a solid hip-check. Mostly works, and risks nothing. The low-down knock won’t topple the machine; at least, not until my hips get a lot harder and stronger. And it always gets a smile when I do it for bystanders who are frustrated with their own vending machine disappointments.

ETA: Of course, if your machine is, say, between two other machines you’re out of luck. No hip-checks for you. Choose your machine carefully before you pay… :slight_smile:

I don’t have a TikTok account and I can still see it.

1 Like

I, too, am a jostler. I try to be extra-mindful of the fact that a vending machine is a big box with some weight in the side panel that can absolutely fall and fatally pin me to the ground. In my life I’ve retrieved a handful of items with no damage and no panicked/uncontrolled moments.

Generally my method is to carefully tilt the machine a bit in one direction, and then bring it back to level with a little extra force added. Never ever repeated/rocking movements.

Before any motion is applied my first move is to ask the front desk if they have a key. (works semi often)

1 Like

Some vending machines I’ve used have a sensor that can tell when a bag has dropped. If one gets stuck, it will just keep turning the screw. I’ve gotten two and sometimes three for the price of one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.