Man uses frozen pants to claim parking spots

Originally published at: Man uses frozen pants to claim parking spots | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This would definitely not work as well in the UK.

6 Likes

I’m near Phiily, and can’t help imagining those pants dangling from the wires - right next to the sneakers…

9 Likes

Dangling shoes seems to be a common thing in the US, I know somewhere I read that it was remembering lost friends, or something similar?

4 Likes

NoPanting

10 Likes

14 Likes

Depends where and how it is done. It can have a lot of meanings, but IMO the practical joke one involving the wires is the worst.

5 Likes

“It’s the wrong trousers, Gromit; and they’ve gone wrong!”

11 Likes

THIS.

Dr. Seuss’s “Pale Green Pants” story is one of my childhood nightmares.

6 Likes

Yeah, I read the link you provided and it’s spot on with how it was perceived in Los Angeles over a decade ago. I had a neighbor who told me this and it made me laugh. There are better ways for drug dealers to give directions, especially when you saw shoes on wires everywhere.

4 Likes

According to QAnon, those empty sneakers are thrown up on the phone lines by Liberal Lycanthropes who have eaten the footwear’s owners. It is a way for them to mark their hunting territory.

9 Likes

Wait, is this a joke or a real QAnon thing? I can never tell anymore.

3 Likes

Yes/No/Maybe/Who Can Tell: delete as applicable. :smiley:

However, I think that I made it up, but I can’t be certain that it isn’t part of the chaos that is QAnon.

4 Likes

Thank you. I came to ensure the obligatory reference was made. Left satisfied.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.