Man who said "Tesla will not be selling any Bitcoin" sells Tesla's Bitcoin

Originally published at: Man who said "Tesla will not be selling any Bitcoin" sells Tesla's Bitcoin | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Elon no HODL.

5 Likes

That’s a smart forward-thinking business transaction right there, I bet the super genius that made that deal also only makes other deals of equal magnitude.

16 Likes

Hey guys, I’m starting to think that Elon Musk might not be the super-smart business genius he told us he was.

26 Likes

But doesn’t cryptocurrency disrupt the tired old “buy low sell high” paradigm because blockchain?

14 Likes

images

4 Likes

I’d buy that for a dollar!

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 12.51.24 am

8 Likes

In my dreams there’s some mid-20s kid who grew up in poverty driving a fully paid-off Tesla that cost them less than a month’s rent in real money.

5 Likes

I live in LA. 'Round here you can’t throw a rock without hitting just such a kid.

2 Likes

Tell me Bitcoin is dead without telling me Bitcoin is dead.

1 Like

Tesla jettisons 75% of Bitcoin holdings, boosting cash balance by $936m

[…]

Tesla didn’t say exactly why it sold its Bitcoin holdings, but estimates suggest it could take a $460 million hit on the exchange.

The move by Tesla inspired a Bitcoin sell-off, with the currency falling for the first time in three sessions, presumably making its remaining holdings worth less.

On an earnings call, Musk said the sell-off was not a comment on Bitcoin per se but a more tactical maneuver around the unpredictability of China’s COVID lockdowns and the need to maximize its cash position.

[…]

Musk has long held a penchant for cryptocurrencies, personally making investments in and promoting Dogecoin, the meme-inspired currency supposedly created as a joke eight years ago. Who exactly is the butt of the joke remains unclear.

[…]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.