Management hires hitmen to murder workers before they can unionize

The Freemasons ain’t what they used to be. I’ve met quite a few who are very open to bragging about being a member. I expected intellectuals and I found tow truck drivers. I’m not trying to generalize, but these particular folk were definitely open to shady side business.

4 Likes

This is no way to dispel the myths about Freemasons, y’all.

Although maybe the fact that they botched it helps.

I’d hire the Shriners, but driving up in a tiny car wielding a scimitar isn’t very effective.

[dammit, @Dioptase1 beat me to the punch.]

5 Likes

The tiny tire tracks across the victim are usually a give-away.

4 Likes

just to clarify: the first source is from luxembourg, the second source is french. the city referenced is in France.

1 Like

I was going to say that I bet Terry Pratchett had an answer to the above, but you implicitly beat me to it, I think.

2 Likes

“First they came for the trade unionists. But they botched it, so I didn’t need anybody to speak for me.”

3 Likes

And the warrior met coal mine is just running people over. United Mine Workers Strike in Alabama Fails to Make National News

3 Likes

You don’t clandestinely assassinate trade unionists. You just have the cops murder them in the streets. How else are you supposed to prove your tyranny and make an example?

9 Likes

Interesting coincidence. I’m wrapping up work on a short story of a anarcho-capitalist cyberpunk future where the primary plot is about management taking out a hit on an employee (though for a more stupid reason than unionizing).

Somebody’s been putting too much effort into defictionalizing Max Barry novels.