March Madness but for misunderstood legal concepts

Originally published at: March Madness but for misunderstood legal concepts | Boing Boing

2 Likes

With all the March Madness-style brackets I’ve been seeing lately, I’m beginning to think we need a March Madness-style bracket for March Madness-style brackets.

14 Likes
3 Likes

inception recursion GIF

9 Likes

I have to imagine that the first amendment is going to be in the final with the winner of the 2nd amendment v. copyright semi.

3 Likes

Got to include
“Ministerial Exception” to Anti-Discrimination laws
“Castle Doctrine”
“Bodily Autonomy”
“Public Accommodations”
“10th Amendment”

1 Like

admiralty law.

5 Likes

Is this RICO or just hearsay?

2 Likes

Maritime Law

1 Like

This would be really interesting if it was a different site running it. I stopped reading Techdirt because I got so frustrated with how badly they routinely screwed up legal concepts. I liked how they reported on nerdy tech/legal issues that mainstream media couldn’t be bothered with but once they had brought the issue to my attention, if it wasn’t an area of law I was already familiar with, I’d go elsewhere to find someone to explain it to me.

(Admittedly, that was a few years and some writers were better than others, with Masnick being one of the better ones).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.