Trump plays stupid to judge: He didn't know overturning election was a crime

Originally published at: Trump plays stupid to judge: He didn't know overturning election was a crime - Boing Boing

8 Likes

Illegal for the Democrats, sure, but totally a legal gray area for Trump.

18 Likes

Wait.

You mean that despite what we’ve always been told, ignorance of the law IS an excuse?

43 Likes

Knowing stuff like that is kinda in the job description.

Source:
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/about-the-white-house/the-executive-branch/

22 Likes

Hopefully the judge has the ability to deny these ridiculous motions with a minimum of effort and fuss. This one might take an hour.

26 Likes

Please feel free to play along with the game!

Other things tRump didn’t know were illegal:
Rape
Fraud
Sexual Harassment
Treason
Selling secrets to enemies of the United States
Sexual Assault
Plaids with Stripes
Stealing the aforementioned secrets and holding onto them when out of office
Interfering with an election
Racketeering

So, my fingers are getting tired, please feel free to add on.

28 Likes

The fucking trial is the fucking due process, you bloviating orange pustule.

I can’t help thinking this filing is only going to enrage the judge.
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

32 Likes

I mean, it’s not like he’d ever paid any penalties for those before!

11 Likes

Does Trump think he’s a cop??

13 Likes

33 Likes
9 Likes

Apparently, he thinks that the judge is as stupid and ignorant as his cultists and marks.

17 Likes
8 Likes

Trump plays stupid

He’s certainly not innocent, but I’m not so sure he’s playing.

14 Likes

It kind of seems like Trump likes enraging judges, because it lets him say they are unfair to him. And yes, the sensible question would then be what that actually accomplishes, but that would be some rudimentary forethought he’s never shown any real inclination for.

15 Likes

He’s looking for judges to make mistakes in order to make appeals and or have the case dismissed. Of course it’s always about adding time.

18 Likes

To be fair, some judges are his cultists and marks.

14 Likes

Well…it can be, if, as Trump’s attorney is trying to claim here, you didn’t have adequate notice of what the law was. This comes up sometimes in cases where a law is ambiguously written and, as a result, selectively enforced. Anti-loitering laws that were attempting to target gang activity ran into this problem.

That’s not what happened here, of course. The crime he’s been charged with is not accusing the other side of election shenanigans, which is all that has happened in the past, that his attorneys are referring to (Democrats accusing the Russians of interfering in the 2016 election, for example). He did a lot more than just accuse. He took action to try to actually overturn the election results. That’s the crime. This motion is laughably bad. His attorneys are flirting with sanctions here.

18 Likes

You know what’s a crime? That Shark Week isn’t everyday for that guy.

7 Likes

That sounds like a defense that relies on admission of guilt. You can only use ‘I did it but it didn’t count because I didn’t know it was wrong’ if you’re willing to say the ‘I did it’ part.

19 Likes