Sad.

/s

23 Likes

I AM AN INNOCENT MAN!

48 Likes

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

30 Likes

46 Likes

Yeah, but the last time he said this, it actually took another week before it became formal.
Although this time there is a distinct sense of inevitability. And the Georgia case, which seems set to be far, far more consequential, is still looming.

17 Likes

To be authentically Trumpy it should be more like this:

SAD!

15 Likes

danser-emoji

18 Likes

It has to be misspelled.

SADD!!!

18 Likes

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

25 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

20 Likes

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by THE NEXT STEP

14 Likes

That’s exactly what being “above the law” sounds like.

20 Likes

(orange jumpsuit a hopeful Checkov’s gun)

20 Likes

A good reminder about Federal Charges

Onebox cut off the title:
" Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty"

22 Likes

15 Likes

Someone on his PR team must have a notepad document on their desktop with his favorite clauses, just waiting to drop those nonsequitor brags right in the middle of any post. they might even have hotkeys at this point.

17 Likes

Yeah, that’s basically true of all criminal trials, federal, state, and municipal. Trials are expensive. Plea deals are so common they’re basically just considered part of the process. Which is problematic for the typical person charged with a crime, but that’s another discussion for another thread and another day. A plea deal does mean he pleads guilty. It means he admits, in court, under oath, that he’s guilty. I am ok with that result. And if he decides to be stubborn and not take a plea deal, I will take solace in the fact that well over 80% of the cases that go to trial result in convictions. The feds don’t file charges unless they are very, very sure they can get a conviction.

37 Likes

And if found guilty of one of the charges, if early indications are correct, the person cannot serve in the federal government. So if he takes a plea deal, then he can’t run for President again.

14 Likes
9 Likes