Mareli Miniutti gets restraining order against Michael Avenatti, claims he was violent

I can go with that, thanks.

2 Likes

It’s a quote from her statement in support of her application for the restraining order and therefore drafted by her lawyer.

Respondent therefore being Avenatti with her as the Applicant.

3 Likes

That has a certain ring to it…

milhouse

3 Likes

Do all these ‘scare-quotes’ around ‘husband’ and ‘actress’, mean they actually mean pimp and prostitute? To me it looks that way, but as a european I don’t always understand the U.S. sensibilities.

Oh and euansmith, I didn’t really mean to reply to you. Hit the wrong button.

3 Likes

The shittiest part of his egocentrism from a legal/strategic standpoint* is that he made Stormy Daniels’ case all about him, and not a team, and so it’s credibility is wrapped up in his. Had she been the central figure, his personal, moral failings would be a hiccup, not a trainwreck for the case, and he could just be dismissed with prejudice and swapped out for another lawyer. But he made the case synonymous with himself, so with his downfall, the case is wounded, at least in the court of public opinion…

*(the shittiest part, generally speaking, is of course the abuse of a woman…)

8 Likes

The story of my life… :sob:

Regarding the “scare quotes”, I find the inclusion of the (ages) weird too. I guess that we readers are supposed to feel revulsion that these two people, with a 20 year age difference, are an item.

3 Likes

This is sadly true. Mission accomplished, I guess. In the end, whether this was a set up or just surveillance until his shittiness showed itself, the Stormy Daniels issue just took a huge blow. Il Douche must be celebrating.

2 Likes

I think that’s just tabloid instinct.

Local woman, Angela Tadbury, (get her address, Ed.) of 42 Acacia Gardens, Little Potterton, (how old is she? Ed.) 22, had the shock of her life last Friday when she bought a takeaway (where from, we might get some advertising if we put the business name in! Ed.) from Hong’s Three Jolly Luck Fish Bar on Dagon Street (see you’re getting the hang of this, Ed.) and found a chip in the shape of Elvis! (We’d better have a photo! Ed.)

3 Likes

If she bought it during a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice, the Elvis-shaped chip would be the least of her surprises.

4 Likes

I was completely ready for the complainant to be Jacob Wohl with a voice changer. I suspended judgment the day the arrest happened, but when we didn’t hear any more about he story the day after or the day after that my inclination to think this could be a dumb hoax got thinner and thinner.

1 Like

The husband of Ms. Miniutti is probably thinking about taking an extended fishing trip somewhere by himself just to escape all the weirdness.

Bill Clinton, Assange, Franken, Avenatti, ect…when it’s someone they like, there’s a certain subset of self-described progressives who shamelessly apply a double-standard to public figures they personally esteem and they deploy with zeal against their accusers exactly the same reprehensible tactics they rightfully denounce the Right for using to silence and dismiss women.

4 Likes

US papers always seem to include the ages in virtually any kind of story.

3 Likes

Whoops. That was a bit rude indeed. Sorry.:grin:

I still don’t know if prostitution was alluded to (it was an honest question, I truly can’t discern their meaning.)?

1 Like

Apparently Wohl has been trying to insert himself into this story and claim credit for… something? (He’s more than a little vague about what he’s supposed to have done because he can’t come up with a convincing lie.) Apparently he thinks by associating himself with this, some legitimacy will rub off on him, rather than the opposite.

1 Like

I used not complementary words regarding the woman in this situation. I apologize.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.