Maria Butina, now a Russian MP, demands proof Russia is the one bombing Ukraine

Holy shit, that’s where we used to go to the beach about 10 or so years ago…

I’m headed there this summer, might be able to reproduce some Dublin Russian embassy art…

5 Likes

I usually agree but to be honest, if this is all they have, let’s bleach it with sunlight. I think Robinson - not always the most impartial, and a former Conservative party staffer - did a credible job and was plenty scornful.

I can’t think anyone actually believes this - she doesn’t even sound like she believes it herself (I know she doesn’t, but she could have at least pretended better)

4 Likes

It’s a trap. Your evidence to the contrary, however credible will be denounced as “fake” news, and as a direct consequence, you’ll be liable for fifteen years imprisonment, under a legal regime originally introduced in the Duma by this same Maria Butina.

4 Likes

Yeah, absolutely no one believes this, especially the ones spouting it. Yet, the global right is looking for talking points just like this. In fact, just this morning I was thinking about the bordering nations and thought, “wait, what is Orban up to right now?” As one would anticipate, he’s talking out of both sides of his mouth and Hungarian state propaganda is promoting these very lies.

Also: Sorry for the Politico link.

8 Likes
6 Likes

So… Antifa!

3 Likes

Belief is beside the point. As I said in the main topic…

9 Likes

Fake news! Don’t believe your lyin’ eyes… /s

Why should they? She did her job and never lost faith…

The woke mob, if you will…

6 Likes

I happened to catch this interview on the BBC yesterday. It was painful to listen to. Change the accent and it could have been any interview with Hair Furor or one of his MAGA sycophants.

4 Likes

The fucked up thing is: Russia does bombs itself.

8 Likes

And poisons itself.

8 Likes

She must be an older sister, mine used to grab my hand, hit me with it and scream stop hitting yourself all the time.

3 Likes

Start the video 10s in to skip the Cylon reading the headline.

Yeah, skip ahead for the late-model Cylon responding to the interviewer.

4 Likes

The fact that she very quickly went from working in US politics to becoming a member of the Russian federal assembly is evidence enough of her true nature and proximity to Putin.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.