Maria Butina wants your money

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/21/maria-butina-wants-your-money.html

Russian agent’s Instagram video from Oklahoma jail asks for funds from internet supporters

3 Likes

I’ve got a drawer full of pennies at my office. Where should I send them?

6 Likes

Oh dear, how sad.

6 Likes

I guess both Putin and the NRA don’t have the money they say they do…

14 Likes

She wants Russian money from the sound of it.

6 Likes

Well, she can’t have it.

7 Likes

The Russians have a term for assets like Butina: she’s a “spent bullet.” Now that she’s served her purpose nobody has any reason to give her squat.

19 Likes

“Crimea river.”

No, Don do that.

9 Likes

I dunno…in her NPR interview she comes across as not all that bright. Could be a ruse. Not sure if her professed naivete is more a reflection on her, her Russian “sponsor”, or the gun totin’ right wingers she associated with.

I particularly like this exchange:

KELLY: Still? I mean, can I just jump in and ask, still? You still love this country after everything that’s happened.

BUTINA: Absolutely, yeah. I do love this country. I have two attorneys working for me pro bono coming to see me every single day that stand for me. How can I hate this country after I have wonderful friends here, friends who will talk to me through my solitary confinement experience at nights, always picking up the phone? No, I do love this country, and I wish you guys the best.

So glad that she’s able to reach out and call her friends while in solitary confinement. What a country!!

9 Likes

8 Likes

Gotta raise some money to pay for those two pro bono lawyers. I guess in this case “pro bono” must mean they’re U2 fans.

The NRA is actually in dire financial straits, but they’ll pull through.

Everyone from Butina to the NRA to the Border Wall whack-a-doos to Joel Osteen is lined up with their hands out to collect money from the 25% of Americans on the far right. If I could invest in that . . . industry . . . I would.

7 Likes

I checked every draw in my desk, and wouldn’t you know it I found zero fucks for Butina. Enjoy your tax payer holiday in prison Missy.

11 Likes

She needs an agent. I think she could have a good WWE career once she gets out. She’s tough, she’s attractive, she’s got name recognition, there’s the Russian angle you could play up. I’m telling you, she’s a natural. I’d try to ink her to a contract now, when she needs the money and would sign cheap.

5 Likes

Not everyone who serves Putin’s cause is a clever super-spy. Some tasks are actually best suited for people who are gullible enough to think they won’t end up being the ones who end up doing the time for their deeds.

9 Likes

13 Likes
3 Likes

(btw these are two different songs, Cry Me a River and Oops, I Did It Again from Richard Thompson and band; I just cued them up to start at different places)

2 Likes

True 23 hour a day solitary confinement is considered torture and proven to cause damaging psychological affects in as little time as something like 3 days.

I am very glad she or any human being is able to use a phone while held under cruel and illegal circumstances such as solitary confinement, or AdSeg in Newspeak.

I had her momentarily confused for the other recently jailed pretty Russian woman who had a spanking good time in NYC on somebody else’s tab. Hard to keep track of all these Soviet fraudsters these days.

e1daa173266798171609d13bf18bbddf974f3e87_1_407x500

6 Likes